[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - QGC-AQ 1.3.0 (stable) available for Windows & OS X

QGC-AQ 1.3.0 (stable) available for Windows & OS X

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Re: New QGC-AQ 1.3 available - Beta 1 Windows release

Postby joebar.rc » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:48 pm

Nope, in fact, today I had connections to three autoquads with numerous connects, disconnects. It did run from 9am to around 3pm without even shutting down.
(Yeah, lot and lots of flying and tuning)
Running on windows 8 64bits.
joebar.rc

Postby bluuu » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:49 pm

Sorry for inaccurate information.
For now I submit observations. When I get more information, I will write.
bluuu

Postby Kisssys » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:50 pm

It's been fairly stable for me, I really like the latest changes, great job. Much easier to use with it remembering how I left it configured and the 4 mode selections are just what I like.

I would like to be able to close any file I have open in the log viewer so I can safely remove a SD card without shutting down QGC.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Max » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:00 pm

Good to hear, thanks guys. Bluuu, do let me know what you find.

Steve, you can still safely remove the SD card even with QGC running. I know Windows will complain the card is still in use, but you can ignore that and eject it anyway. As long as you're done with that log in QGC (don't try to plot more graphs), it should be fine. I do this quite often when I can't be bothered to copy the log over to an internal drive first. But, having said that, I'll check if QGC can just close the log file automatically after it does a plot. That should be better than adding another button.

-Max
Max

Postby LPR » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:29 am

Max

I did not notice the 1.2 QGC had GPS speed in the Horizontal situation. You are right that that speed is divided by 100 with the 1.3 QGC.

I did notice that the on board parameters can not be changed in the right side parameter window like I can do on the 1.2 QGC.

I really like the new look.

Larry
LPR

Postby Max » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:23 am

Hi Larry,

Glad you like it! Could you define "can not" a bit more? It won't let you edit params, or save them, or...? The dockable params view should now be an exact duplicate of the one permanently on the Config screen (AQ widget).

-Max
Max

Postby LPR » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:24 am

Max

The Onboard parameter widget looks the same as it did with 1.2 but it acts like the all parameter widget. I'm unable to edit a parameter. Both the 1.2 and 1.3 QGC is on my computer and the 1.2 works normal but the 1.3 QGC will not let me edit. I only open one QGC at one time.

Larry
LPR

Postby kinderkram » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:00 am

Can't tell about the guts of this version but this is the most stable release ever.
I couldn't manage to crash it even once. :lol:

In all other previous versions the mission simulation inevitably triggered a crash. I only needed to count to 10...
Both on WinXP/32 and Win7/64
kinderkram

Postby JussiH » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:02 am

I like this new version of QGC a lot, specially the "primary flight display" is a very nice addition that is a lot easier to decode than the HUD. The Look/feel of it also is a lot better now, and I noticed I can customize windows with greater freedom than before. Very nice work, Max! You make us all proud!

I did notice a few strange things.

I also get intermittent connections with this - lost of "link lost", and "link regained after xx seconds" messages - even at very short ranges. I wrote it off as bad connection in the wireless HW, but maybe not.

On the sensor calibration screen, I would like the output window to become a little higher. On the last SIM3 calculations, the MAE ends up outside the screen and you have to scroll up to view it after each loop. Specially on Mag/inclination calcs that gets a little old.

I couldnt find the place to change the pressure sensor setting to add sensor 2. Seems its no longer in the "special settings". I tried to change it directly in the params list, but it wouldnt allow me to change any IMU values. I finally just put it into the params file and that worked, but in principal, I would like to see all parameters editable.

Sounds like "Liza" had a speech lesson or two, she does not cut messages anymore, but they come quite late now for some of them. But a minor problem in my world. Sounds like warnings got priority now, and I like that. I dont care much about it telling me "now in stabilizied mode", "now in manual mode", etc. I dont think those are highpriority messages, anyway. Warnings and mission messages is the only thing I need to hear from her, since the signalling tells me exactly which mode I am in both faster and more reliable

Not relevant for most people here: But when I write changes from the AQ widget with an L1 controller, it always wants to write a new value to MOT_FRAME - looks like it tries to write one of the motor or IMU values to that field - but I can change L1 values from the parameter list, and could fix it that way.

I do like that it lists all parameters that are beeing changed and asks for confirmation. That is good thinking.

I have not tried the mission stuff yet.
JussiH

Postby r0sewhite » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:49 pm

Modified parameters popup window should at least be scaleable. Otherwise you won't be able to change mixer values on a laptop with smaller screen resolution:

r0sewhite

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Software