[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - QGC-AQ 1.3.0 (stable) available for Windows & OS X

QGC-AQ 1.3.0 (stable) available for Windows & OS X

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Re: New QGC-AQ 1.3 available - RC1 for Windows & OS X

Postby kinderkram » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:24 pm

Great stuff again, Maxim!

Also the new log dump is a very helpful tool. I didn't have a chance to test it but it looks sexy. 8-)

btw: I've added the info about passthrough, trigger etc. to the wiki. Maybe we should also feature the log dump tool elsewhere?

The whole logging, exporting, plotting and visualization should have its own place imo. I think a new menu between "flying" and "development" would be best.

Whaddaya theenk?
kinderkram

Postby Max » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:34 pm

Hey guys, glad you like it, thanks. :cool:

Norbert, yes, very good idea. The exporting options are getting complicated. The lodump GUI actually has the most extensive built-in documentation (the "What's this" text for each option group). But getting all that in the docs would be great also, and would give room to expand on some points in more detail (with sexy screenshots, of course!).

I've considered making the logdump GUI a standalone program (though still could be launchable from QGC of course). It's virtually independent of QGC now already, so it wouldn't be a huge effort. All the CLI options are a bit awkward to use since there are so many now. Maybe this winter...

-Max
Max

Postby Max » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:44 pm

Please ignore the new "Use CAN Bus" option in the Misc. Settings screen... I totally misinterpreted how that is supposed to work. It will need to move to the motor mixing setup since CAN is enabled per motor (one may apparently mix CAN and PWM control on one machine).

-Max (judiciously avoiding using "can" and "CAN" in the same sentence)
Max

Postby Max » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:50 pm

Also, Norbert and I dumped the current documentation of the log exporter options to http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/aq-log-ex ... sualizing/ . Mostly just a copy of the built-in help for now, but it's nice to have it all in one doc.

-Max
Max

Postby Jdmagoo » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:09 pm

Het max good work as always!

Just one observation with the osx version. Step 1 of the calibration doesn't start, it doesn't matter how long I leave it, it just doesn't start. Also, the roll over help pop up boxes sometimes don't draw correctly and only display half the information. Not a biggy as it just a matter of moving the cursor over a few times for it to draw correctly.

I have found no issues with the windows version under windows 8

Thanks again for your development with this

James
Jdmagoo

Postby Max » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:36 pm

Hi James,

Have to admit I didn't try the cal routine in this Mac build. Does/did it work with QGC 1.2? I'll see what I can do with the tooltips... sometimes they wrap within the popup box and sometimes they don't, it seems.

Cheers!
-Max
Max

Postby Jdmagoo » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:14 am

Jdmagoo

Postby Jdmagoo » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:41 am

Also, in the wiki its says its possible to save a mission to the SD card at home and load it from the card out in the field. The wiki shows 'WP from SD' WP to SD' buttons in QGC however these buttons are not available on the current version of QGC.

Is this functionality possible and im looking in the wrong spot of QGC, or is the wiki wrong? If the wiki is wrong will this functionality be available in a future update?

Thanks in adavnce

James
Jdmagoo

Postby sandmen » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:35 am

It was at the very first begining active, and possible.
I'm not sure, if we "reactivate" this function.
sandmen

Postby afernan » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:31 am

Hi Max:

Thank you for this great update.

I propose a new idea for improvement (even more) the "export":
<To select a certain "time range" of interest for the export file>.

This is very usefull in order to analize some especific part of the track in detail in GoogleEarth until GE decides to solve the known inability to reproduce tracks in slow motion (at this moment the speed control of a track in GE goes from very-fast to extreamly fast. No posibility to reproduce at real time, for instance).

In fact, it´s linked somehow to the track length. I´ve trimmed a track by hand to a few seconds, and then it´s reproduced in slow motion (see attached file). ...something to do by the GE team (there´s lots of request for that in the web) .

Angel
Attachments
006-AQL divergence 1.zip
(3.92 KiB) Downloaded 537 times
afernan

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Software