[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - QGC-AQ 1.3.0 (stable) available for Windows & OS X

QGC-AQ 1.3.0 (stable) available for Windows & OS X

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Re: QGC-AQ 1.3.0 (stable) available for Windows & OS X

Postby Max » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:19 am

Max

Postby Max » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:14 am

Max

Postby Max » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:27 am

Max

Postby teramax » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:28 pm

Max, what if we could have a "set to deffault" button in the QCG.
Might make experementing with the settings easyer, now the new numbers (the 4,82 multiplicator) are a bit tricky.
So some anchor if tuning goes horrible wrong would be a fine option.
somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby Max » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:47 am

Do you mean revert to default on the FC? Good idea. Though it would require a manual reset of the FC. But it would save a step... editing the CONFIG_VERSION and saving, and would be clearer. Should probably also include a warning that the calibration params get reset as well.

Thanks,
-Max
Max

Postby chschmid » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:14 am

Gents
may I add my 2 Cents on this Topic.

Max, if you add such an option it would be good to have a "back" button.

- Lets say I want to tune in some PID's. I start with the values already found earlier (or stnd) and change some params. After a while the system is worse than when I started. At this Point it would be very nice to go back to the the values I started with (or with an option back to FC stnd, cal not set to 0 ).

IMHO going back to FC default without cal params is not needed.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby Max » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:14 am

Hi Christof,

I think what you describe with PIDs is best handled by saving params to file(s) and restoring as needed. Though of course that requires some foresight and planning :) I do agree it would be nice to reset certain sets of params to defaults while leaving others as-is. Unfortunately the defaults change between fw versions, and perhaps even custom builds. Trying to keep track of all that would be quite a chore. The best place to get the current defaults are from the FC, but right now there's no way to get those w/out doing a reset of all params (setting config_version to zero).

I liked Marcus' idea because the question of how to do a "factory reset" has come up a lot in the past and one currently has to dig in the docs to figure it out (I think it's in there somewhere :) ). But I see your point, it's not a commonly useful scenario.

Best,
-Max
Max

Postby chschmid » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:15 am

Hi Max

Now I understand Marcus's point and I remember the "factory reset" questions.

I usually keep my values in a file. After tuning i update the "small" param file by hand. There I keep only the values changed. This way I can reload cal and the personal settings after fw change easily.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby Jdmagoo » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:07 am

Under the log viewer in GCS, is the LOG_MOT_Throttle y axis scale wrong now with the newer firmware?

My hover reads around 2860 whereas before it used to read around 590. Do we need to apply the multiplyer of 4.82 to this scale?
Jdmagoo

Re: New QGC-AQ 1.3 available - RC2.1 for Windows & OS X

Postby epyonxero » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:43 pm

epyonxero

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Software