[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - QGC Build error

QGC Build error

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

QGC Build error

Postby glb97 » Tue May 21, 2013 7:52 pm

I have the latest QGC code from the repository and I'm getting the following errors when I attempt to build in Visual Studio 2010 Express (on Windows XP SP3):

In a pop-up:
CL.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x0001c906" referenced memory at "0x0001c906". The memory could not be "read".

In the Visual Studio output window I see this error message:

1> UIC libs\utils\submiteditorwidget.ui
1> RCC libs\opmapcontrol\src\mapwidget\mapresources.qrc
1> RCC src\apps\mavlinkgen\mavlinkgen.qrc
1> RCC qgroundcontrol.qrc
1> RCC libs\utils\utils.qrc
1>C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Platforms\Win32\Microsoft.Cpp.Win32.Targets(153,5): error MSB6006: "CL.exe" exited with code -1073741819.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I tried to include the entire VS output window contents by pasting below, but the forum interprets it as 'offsite URLs' which are not allowed for a new user.

I did a lot of Googling and tried some of the ideas on this error (such as adding the build tools to my anti-virus 'ignore' list), but no joy. Any ideas on what is wrong here?

Thanks
glb97

Re: QGC Build error

Postby Max » Tue May 21, 2013 9:56 pm

Sorry, I have no idea what error MSB6006 or code -1073741819 means, nor do I use VS for Qt work, so not much help there. First thing I'd do is disable the AV entirely, but IMHO AV has no business on a dev/build box to begin with... :) You could also try building with QtCreator... at least that would tell you if your Qt install is OK. If you haven't yet, you could also check the QGC mailing list (on Google groups I think) and issues list on GitHub for anyone with a similar error.

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby glb97 » Tue May 21, 2013 10:03 pm

Thanks for the quick response. I'll try your suggestions.

Les
glb97

Postby glb97 » Sat May 25, 2013 4:11 am

After much effort I was able to get AQ QGC to build using Qt Creator (haven't tried again with Visual Studio). I had to install Qt Creator, re-install Qt 4.8.4, make sure I had ATLMFC downloaded and copied to the right places, adjust several makefiles/.pro/.pri files and wait around 12 hours :o for the build to complete.

Now it is built, but it won't run for long. I get the main window to open, but if I try to switch perspective or main widget or, it seems, to anything that opens the map, I get an assertion error in a CRT library module, apparently. I'll attach the error pop-up screenshot in another post when I'm sure I'm allowed to post attachments (I think this is my third post).

I'll fight this another day as I have to move on to other priorities right now.

The install/build instructions on GitHub make it sound so easy!

Also, the QGC mailing list/forum on Google groups don't even mention the AutoQuad variant (zero search results and nothing relevant when manually browsing). Not sure I have the patience to try to build the non-AutoQuad version to see if it is any different.

Sure would be nice to hear from anyone that has successfully made this work with VS2010 Express/SDK 7.1 on WinXP SP3.

Regards,
Les
glb97

Postby glb97 » Sat May 25, 2013 4:17 am

Here is the error pop-up I get when I select anything in my locally built QGC that opens a map (at least I think that is what triggers it).
ScreenHunter_18 May. 24 19.58.jpg
ScreenHunter_18 May. 24 19.58.jpg (31.21 KiB) Viewed 12896 times

I searched the QGC source code and there are no occurrences of the _BLOCK_TYPE_IS_VALID... expression anywhere.

I'll probably post this to the QGC Google groups forum as well when I get a chance.

Les

BTW - it doesn't appear to matter whether I connect to the simulated MAV or not prior to getting this error.
glb97

Postby Max » Sat May 25, 2013 1:56 pm

Setting up the Qt build can be tricky. And QGC has a lot of pieces it's using. I'm not sure why you would need to adjust any pri/pro files, or what you did. And 12 hours sounds ~11.5 hours too long even for a fresh build. :) What are you running this on?

Did you try building a Release version? A proper debugging setup may take extra steps and generally is much more system-DLL specific. Someone else was having issues with map view and a debug build just recently.

Can you try it on a Win7 box/VM? The QGC mailing list is a good idea, but they'll know nothing about the AQ version over there, so may only help in general terms. I had to tweak their setup files quite a bit to get it to build on Windows, in QtCreator, in the first place.

-Max
Max

Postby glb97 » Sun May 26, 2013 6:42 am

I'm running on an Core i5, 2.4GHz WinXP Pro SP3 machine with 4G of RAM (of course XP can only see 3G). 12 hours seems pretty ridiculous to me as well.

Looking back at my notes, I had to modify the QtSpeech.pri file, the libxbee/win32.makefile, and the INC, LIB, and PATH settings in the Qt creator options to account for locations of libraries, compiler tools, etc. on the XP machine (e.g., C:/Program Files/ vs. C:/Program Files (x86)/).

I haven't yet tried the Release build. The 12 hour build time for Debug has me kind of spooked about kicking off any new builds.
glb97

Postby Max » Sun May 26, 2013 7:21 am

Yea that doesn't sound right... I build it on an i5 3.3G in way less time (x64 Win7 though). Debug versions typically build faster than release too. The changes you had to make sound reasonable. The fact that your error is generated from a debug version of a system DLL makes me suspect something going on with the debugging setup/version. You could always try running in the QtCreator debugger... that should be interesting :)

-Max
Max

Return to AQ Software