qgroundcontrol memleaks

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

qgroundcontrol memleaks

Postby Chrislafit » Tue May 14, 2013 7:16 pm

Hi,

I compile qgroundcontrol in debug mode with VisualStudio 2010 and start it in debug mode (doesn't matter if with Studio, or without, or both combinations in release). When I start now and don't do anything I do not have any memleaks.

Now I "Connect" to "Simulation: demo-log.txt" in "Communication Console" and get each update a few KiloBytes memleak. The Memory grows still even when I disconnect again via the "Communication Console".

When I NOT Show the "Google Earth" main widget I still have memleaks, just now much less.

Has anybody an idea where AND how to look for this memleaks, because I tried to find this leaks with "C++ Memory Validator" but this tool didn't even startup in 15min (reason are the QT-DLLs). - though I gave up.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards
Chrislafit
Chrislafit

Re: qgroundcontrol memleaks

Postby Max » Wed May 15, 2013 2:45 am

Are you sure it's a "leak?" Though why memory usage would go up when disconnected, I don't know. Have you tried release builds? My non-debug builds don't seem to do that. I've had the same instance open for days before, unconnected, and hours while connected, no apparent problems. I also hardly ever load the GE view... have you tried w/out using it at all? Let's see, that's a browser plugin, running in an instance of a Web browser, which is running in a highly abstracted environment (Qt) which is then using the OS APIs. You see my point, I hope, and I left a few layers out... :) not the simplest to track down. GE is such a memory hog, I'd suspect that first. :o

But anyway, I'm sure QGC itself has some issues, so if you can track anything down, that'd be great!

-Max
Max

Return to AQ Software