[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ armed, but motors not runnning

AQ armed, but motors not runnning

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Re: AQ armed, but motors not runnning

Postby DUKE40 » Sat May 04, 2013 1:22 pm

Hi,

it is really weird, I have exchanged the ESCs on the ports to see if the issue wanders with the ESC, but no it remains on the same port.
I then changed the port where the issue occured which was port M5 for the rear left motor, to port M4, but it remains on the rear left motor. For the motor marked as D in the GCS mixing picture, Autoquad seem to be sending different signals than for all others, and this is independent from the port used and the ESC/Motor connected to the corresponding port.

This is making me feel really uncomfortable and will stop me from flying the Autoquad till the issue is solved.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Re: AQ armed, but motors not equally

Postby DUKE40 » Sat May 04, 2013 2:34 pm

Hi,

now I was able to check my assumptions using the Telemtry of GCS, it worked only on a Windows7 Laptop which belongs to my wife, so I had to wait till she does not use it.
In the Telemetry I could clearly see, that The values transmitted to the Motors from the AutoQuad are not equal, despite the Quadrocopter being on a even surface, level and without props.
So this clearly points to an issue with the AutoQuad itself, but where and what it is? That the big question.
I have followed the documentation step by step to setup, calibrate, calculate and configure the AQ. So te setup should be fine.

Attached you can find the CSV file of the telemetry log of the motors. A is 10, B is 3, C is 11 and D is 1.
Perhaps this helps.
Attachments
Motors.csv
(20.71 KiB) Downloaded 599 times
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby GoFaster » Sat May 04, 2013 2:41 pm

Hi -

With the craft on a level surface, does the GCS show that it's level?
Another thing I would try is secure the craft such that the 'problem' corner is tilted down, does it now start up earlier when you advance the throttle?

- Felix
GoFaster

Postby DUKE40 » Sat May 04, 2013 4:28 pm

Hi Felix,

with the craft on a level surface, the Head Up Display of GCS shows me the craft level. So no discrepancy there.
I did not try you rsecond suggestion, instead put the props on and went outside to check holding it over my head how it reacts and surprisingly it looked good, so my fears were unfounded. Checked then the reaction to stick movement, there I noticed that I had to reverse my pitch channel.
This was done immediately and the first hops in the graden could take place.
I would not really speak of maiden flight it was more shy tries to hover on the terrasse and get accustomed to the way it reacts to stick movements.

During those little hops I noticed that when I engage PH/AH the thrust of my motors go down quite a lot leading to an immediate grounding of the craft. I do not know know what is causing this reaction of the AQ, perhaps the missing foam on the baro, I need to get some foam. Or the value of 500 for Motor/Esc Hover Throttle which might be too low?
I will see if I can find out and get this working as well.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby GoFaster » Sat May 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Glad to hear it's flying. I do like your disciplined step by step validation process.

Regarding the altitude drop when AH/PH is engaged, if your throttle is at mid-stick and your throttle radio value range (0-1400) is set correctly ( 700 at mid stick) - you might have to adjust throttle factor.

- Felix
GoFaster

Postby DUKE40 » Mon May 06, 2013 8:59 pm

Thanks Felix, that was a precious hint, currently my Quad hovers a little bit below middlestick, having the stick at middle position when switching to AH/PH, the Copter keeps its altitude.
Did not pay attention to the stick position during my first tests. :oops:
Best regards,
DUKE40

Previous

Return to AQ Software