[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Radio Values farr off with Jeti RSat2

Radio Values farr off with Jeti RSat2

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Radio Values farr off with Jeti RSat2

Postby DUKE40 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:44 pm

Hi,

I am trying to configure my AutoQuad and am wondering how I could get the right values for my Radio Values.
According to the documentation, I should get:
Throttle (Ch1) => approx 0/+1400
Roll (Ch2) => approx -700/+700
Pitch (Ch3) => approx -700/+700
Yaw (Ch4) => approx -700/+700
GEAR (Ch5) => not currently used
FLAPS (Ch6 3-position switch) => approx -700/0/+700
AUX2 (Ch7 3-position switch) => approx -700/0/+700
AUX3 (Ch8) => approx -700/+700

But no matter what I do, the values remain in a range between -4 and +4 for all channels except Throttle, there I get -1 to +7.
I use an MX-16s, modified for Jeti and a Jeti RSat2. I have set the values in my sender to -150%/+150% and am now somehow wondering what else I could do to get the right values displayed in the QGroundControl Software.
Anybody using a similar setup? Or anybody who could give me a hint where I have to look or tweek?

Thanks and best regards,
DUKE40
Best regards,
DUKE40

Re: Radio Values farr off with Jeti RSat2

Postby kinderkram » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:44 pm

Hi Duke,
do you use the latest GUI v1.2.0?

Looks like there are some hidden bugs in the radio section - Max is already looking into it...
kinderkram

Re: AW: Radio Values farr off with Jeti RSat2

Postby DUKE40 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:59 pm

Hi,

I used both the new GUI and the old one, with both i experience the same behaviour. So it seems not to be related to the GUI version.

Hope somebody has a clue how to getan around this issue.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby arachnida » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:36 pm

Hi Duke,

I'm also using a Jeti Sat Rx, but with a modified MPX Tx. I will post my settings later when I get home, but all my values are within range.

Cheers,
Ivo
arachnida

Postby DUKE40 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:07 pm

Hi,

a further information which might be relevant. I experienced this on several machines, one Netbook with Win7 32 bits and only one 1GB RAM, one laptop with Win7 32 bits as well, but 4GB RAM and one PC with Windows Vista and 2GB RAM.
Further on all machines the GUI froze after a few seconds connected to the AutoQuad, and even when it works for longer, the connection between the machine and the AutoQuad is not very stable it is getting lost for some seconds and regained, and this is happening over and over again.
On my Linux machine no freeze could be produced up to know using the old version of the GUI (1.1.2). But there the same issue with the Radio Values occurs.
I have now with the old version 1.1.2, managed with setting the PPM_SCALER to 3 to get the radio values described in the documentation.
I hope this was the right thing to do.
Now I will go on with the further steps in order to get it ready for its maiden flight.

@Ivo,

would be great, this would help me a lot and might confirm my current settings.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby arachnida » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:20 pm

Hi DUKE40,

as told before I have a Jeti RSat 2 and a MPX Royal Evo 9. I had to change the values in GCS 1.1.1 like this:

Screenshot - 28_04_2013 , 23_05_05_ver001.jpg

I also needed to adjust the min, mid and max points on my Tx: +104% / 2% / -100%

Do this in GCS 1.1.1, not using 1.2.0 as that version might have some bugs in the radio setup.

Regards,
Ivo
arachnida

Postby DUKE40 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:16 am

Thanks a lot, this confirms the settings I have just managed.
I was not sure about reducing PPM_SCALER from default 700 to 3 or 4. But obviously this was the right thing to do.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Return to AQ Software