[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - New QGC GUI version 1.2.1 available

New QGC GUI version 1.2.1 available

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Re: New QGC GUI version 1.2.0 available

Postby Max » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:51 am

arachnida, no, none of that sounds right. The scale factors should not change. What OS and AQ version? I'm not sure what would be going on with that...

About the port order, do you mean when saving to AQ or to file?

Thanks,
-Max
Max

Postby arachnida » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:11 am

I'm working on WIN7, AQ rev 2 FW 6.6r76 build 1034.

I rechecked with GCS 1.1.1 and the values are written way too high in the ROM of the AQ. My Tx did not react any more, had to lower the scaler in the All Parameter and Controller Radio settings.

About the port order: I did a default reset by putting the version to 0. I uploaded my param file and Motor mixer file. Then I noticed that the order was wrong, but the values seemed to match. Only the drawing of the X-Quad doesn't make sense anymore. I saved a new Mix table I got from Larry as my quad is asymetrical. After refreshing the settings the port order was again going up from A to D, A = 1 and D = 10 in my case. I took different motor outputs as looking at the drawing of the AQ board these ESC connections are closest to the motors I need.
arachnida

Postby Ecky » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:14 pm

In "Flashing and Setup" is something going wrong.

If I try to change the "Throttle Scaler Factor" to 0.467 (otherwise no other changes)
and hit the "Transmit to AQ" Button this appears:
e1.jpg
e1.jpg (40.13 KiB) Viewed 11918 times

and in Parameters:
e2.jpg
e2.jpg (40.92 KiB) Viewed 11918 times

I am working on Win7 32bit and:
e3.jpg
e3.jpg (6.81 KiB) Viewed 11918 times

Any suggestions to solve this behavior?

Greatings
Christian
Ecky

Postby arachnida » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:20 pm

Yes, this is also what I noticed, but there are more values that are written wrong to the ROM so be careful when using 1.2.0!!! Always do a refresh and see if the values are what you want them to be for the radio settings in general!
arachnida

Postby kinderkram » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:33 pm

Experienced the wrong motor numbering today.
If you load the settings from the AQ into the GUI it displays them like 1,2,3...
kinderkram

Postby Max » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:06 pm

Thanks for the reports.

So for the wrong parameters being written, is it only the Radio/PPM params that are getting messed up? Specifically it seems like only those in the spin boxes with fractional numbers... is that right? Seems a bit strange, but I'll try to recreate that here.

Norbert, on the port numbers, was this after you saved your port setup to AQ from the new GUI? Can you send me your saved params?

Just to clarify, any mixing setups not saved by QGC 1.2+ will just display in ascending port order, and should come up as Custom types, w/out a frame image.

Also I can confirm a bug with saving mixing tables to a local file -- when loaded back into mixer config, the port order is not maintained.

-Max
Max

Postby arachnida » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:37 am

Hi Max,

sorry for the late reaction.

The first one is quite simple to replicate. Go to Engineer/Flashing and Setup/Radio and set one of the values of the Scale Factors to let's say 0.5. Push the Transmit to AQ button and even before the dialog to confirm writing to ROM appears the value is set back to 1.0. Also Scaler jumps back to 10.00. So it looks like only the numbers with fractional values are affected.

Tha motor mixer problem is also easy to see. Just make a custom mixer and add an image to it, I used a X-Quad. Assign motor ports in random order. Save the file as Bad_mix. Open a predefined mixer. Reopen the custom mixer Bad_mix, the image is saved but the port numbers are now in ascending order.

Mix files from older versions are OK as long as you don't add an image to them, the values for each port are correct.

In Engineer/Edit Parameter/ Special Settings/Controller Radio many values are incorrect. They are showing 10000 in all Scale Factor boxes, way too high. If you write them to the AQ they are set like this in ROM. PPM scaler is also put to 1000 instead of 4 in my case.

Cheers,
Ivo
arachnida

Postby Max » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:35 pm

OK, Peter has confirmed a bug with QGC in European locales (where you strange people use a comma as decimal separator ;) ). Sorry about that! I will upload a hotfix when I have more time later today, but in the meantime don't use QGC 1.2 to save radio settings if your computer thinks commas make a good decimal separator. The scaling factors can be safely adjusted/saved from the Special Settings/Controller area (these are the same params as on the radio setup page).

Hopefully I can get a fix for the order mixup when saving to file, but the other issue is more important. Still waiting to hear if there are problems with motor order after it has been saved to AQ...

Thanks,
-Max
Max

Postby graham_newton » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:39 pm

Hi
I need to pass the aux 3 signal through for gimbal control.
How do i do this? the check box is greyed out on the gcs.

Thanks
graham_newton

Postby arachnida » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:39 pm

@Max

Saving the Mix Table to the AQ in ROM seems to keep the order of the port numbers as wanted, but the picture is lost.

I hope this is the same in the US where rather strange people write the date reversed, today is 28/04/2013! :lol:

Ciao,
Ivo
arachnida

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Software