Return To Launch & Land workaround (New Beta Code Working)

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Re: Return To Launch & Land workaround (New Beta Code Workin

Postby LPR » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:32 pm

Skew

I've always liked the RTH the way it was and not the way it is in the FW now. The way it's now is bad because if you try to fly with the RTH switch activated a copter flies odd. I know your not supposed to fly with the switch on but if you do a copter should not have an odd return to home way of flying. I also don't like the way a copter controls after a mission is completed and you try to control it while still in mission mode. After a mission and still in mission mode it would best to have it control like the original RTH does when the switch for RTH is on.

I have two new AQ boards that I will start to use in an quad and octo in a couple of weeks. I'll try your FW when I get them flying.

Thanks for posting your FW mod.

Larry
LPR

Postby skew » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:05 pm

Larry, Are you going to do the Sparkfun contest this year? The Dimu AQ will do the course with ease now if we can get you some WP trigger code for the ball drop, not that your innovate drop is bad but maybe you could shave a few secs off with a servo release.

Bill
skew

Postby LPR » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:16 am

Bill

Unless my brother and his son talks me into it I won't be going to Sparkfun contest this year. I'm helping with a Nasa Challenge this year, which should be more interesting.

It would be fun to go to Sparkfun and have a great run but the competition will be better this year. I'm betting there be multicopters that will go over One hundred MPH. My octo could never stop fast enough and fly that fast unless I slowed the acceleration down. The quad was a little better but still not good enough for very high speed maneuvering. Last year I didn't have enough time to try more settings so it might be possible or even easy now with the new DIMU.

One of the contestants from last year will be in the Nasa Challenge this year. Robota came very close to winning at Sparkfun with his airplane.

Larry
LPR

Previous

Return to AQ Software