[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Unable to Flash AutoQuad

Unable to Flash AutoQuad

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Unable to Flash AutoQuad

Postby DUKE40 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:06 pm

Hi,

when trying to flash my new AutoQuad, this is what I am getting in the QGroundControl Software:
stm32flash - URL removed as not accepted by Forum

read_byte
: No error
SERIAL_ERR_NODATA

Assertion failed: 0, file stm32.c, line 94

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Using Parser : Intel HEX
Using Parser : Intel HEX
Serial Config: 57600 8E1

What am I doing wrong? The issue occurs on my two computers, one with Windows Vista and the other with Windows7, both 32bit.

What should I do to get this issue solved and being able to flash my AutoQuad?

Thanks and best regards,
DUKE40
Best regards,
DUKE40

Re: Unable to Flash AutoQuad

Postby Max » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:44 pm

Hi Duke,

Typical reasons for this error include that the chosen COM port is already opened, that the wrong port is selected, that the AQ isn't in firmware-loader mode (jumper set then reboot), that the USB drivers aren't correctly installed, or that you need to disconnect the DTR pin between your serial converter and the AQ. Barring those, we'll probably need some more detail about your setup (which adapter, how you're connecting it, your exact flashing procedure).

HTH,
-Max
Max

Postby DUKE40 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:13 am

The issue was the missing reboot after setting the jumper. According to the documentation, I set the jumper and then powered the AQ, this was not enough. Rebooting the AQ (pressed on reset button), that was the hint I was missing.

Now it works perfectly.
Thanks for the help.
Best regards,
DUKE40
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby Max » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:52 am

You're welcome, glad it's working! I've never had a problem flashing when powering up with the jumper already set. But now that you mention it, I do recall someone else having this same issue a while ago. Power, jumper, then reset btn worked better for them as well.

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Re: AW: Unable to Flash AutoQuad

Postby Cookiemonsta » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:58 am

+1 helped me, too.
Maybe this should be mentioned in the wiki ;)
Cookiemonsta

Return to AQ Software