[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Serious problem with reset parameters

Serious problem with reset parameters

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Serious problem with reset parameters

Postby Ruffio » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:20 pm

Hi,
Today I was trying to PID my FC (hexa).
Start point: hexa fly "not bad": yaw was ponderous, ALT hold was too nervous and not satisfy (bump up and down).
End point: almost crashed.

Story: after few PID changes (I take YAW) it was worse and worse. I use sequence:
1. change PID value
2. transmit to AQ - wait for green "light" go black
3. write to ROM
4. read from ROM - just for shure
sometimes I missed transmit to AQ (after change) - mystake, so I made sequence from begging.

After few flyight and repeated procedure, HEXA start to going unstable, YAW was almost not resposed.
Going back with 1, than 2, then 3 last changed parameters nothing changed for better.
Befor last start i all changed parameters, one after one, to go back to start point.
All went OK (it seems OK).
Start and HEXA goes on side.

Checked HUD in GCS - horizon was vericaly !!!

Used "tools":
- Android GCS 2.8.5 from this post on Samsung Galxy SIII with 4.1.2 Android
- FW r76 rev 2

After that I saved ALL PARAMETERS (on Windows GCS) and find some interesting diffrence for parameters (example below)
IMU_ACC_BIAS2_X
IMU_ACC_BIAS3_Y
IMU_ACC_BIAS3_Z
IMU_ACC_SCAL2_X
IMU_ACC_SCAL2_Y
IMU_ACC_SCAL3_X
IMU_GYO_BIAS3_X
IMU_MAG_BIAS2_Y
IMU_MAG_BIAS3_Z
all this parameters are calculated values and current value for each of them was changed to 0.

I think that there is some serious problem with GCS or what FC procedures.
Last edited by Ruffio on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruffio

Re: Serious problem with reset parameters

Postby LPR » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:13 pm

Ruffio

I would first reload the firmware for the Autoquad and load parameter file and other settings. I your getting errors while using an Android phone change to using the computer QGCS.

There is a lot of people starting out with bad settings for there Hexa.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2117

You can fly very well with default setting if you start with a good motor mix.

Larry
LPR

Postby Ruffio » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:51 pm

Larry,
I did FV update, with setting default parameters, then loading my calculated parameters, then proportional MIX table.
HEXA flyes acceptable but not as good as it can.

I think that is not the point. Problem is that some calculated parametrs was set to ZERO.

I think there is some problem with Android GCS. Going to fly with notebook is rater poor option.

ps. with first OCTO (1st AQ), I had simmilary problem - after some PIDing it starts spin in YAW. This time I was ready for analysis "what is changing".
Ruffio

Postby LPR » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:37 pm

Ruffio

I have not seen many problems with using my Razr Maxx Android. I have not seen a need to change PIDs though. I just use the phone to make and load missions.

Larry
LPR

Postby bluuu » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:15 pm

I think is a problem with QGCS for Android (and some options in QGCS for Windows).
I think it's a problem with variables in connecting FW changes with QGCS placement (like variables for ESC32 in 1.1.1 QGCS version).
It's time to refine QGCS (for android and win) with RC ver of firmware.

Lot of dev versions of qgcs are uncompatible with some FW (AQ and ESC32).
bluuu

Postby Ruffio » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:29 pm

Is someone of developers interested in to solve issue that I wroted about?
Is it possible that only I have such a problem with Android GCS?

Only Larry and bluuu are interested?
Ruffio

Re: AW: Serious problem with reset parameters

Postby sandmen » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:36 pm

I have never heard about this problem.
Can you reproduce this problem?
sandmen

Postby Ruffio » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:11 pm

It is hard to reproduce exactly, step by step, but it happend me 3 times.
2 times on flyfing field and one time on the desk.
I just changed PIDa, send, read, write to ROM and so on and it happends.
3rd time I try to make it step-by-step (methodically) but it "lost in action".

What is your suggestion to repeat it methodically?
Ruffio

Postby sandmen » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:25 pm

Do you send, read, write to ROM?
You should do,
-- if you have changed any value, use send.
-- before you disconnect the battery, or if you are sure, you are finished with PID, changes, you should use "write rom"
-- read rom, you didn't need.

I'm not sure, I have the same device as you, using this app now a long time, but I never had this problem.
sandmen

Postby Ruffio » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:49 pm

sandeman, thank You for interesting problem.
Human is not perfect so sometimes we choos "bad" option, I mean not correct in specfic moment.
Problem is the fact that the parameters that should not be changed, just changed.
How is it possible that working with PIDs change calculated parameters? There is a problem.
Ruffio

Next

Return to AQ Software