GCS simulation mode...

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

GCS simulation mode...

Postby Jdmagoo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:16 am

I couldn't find it but does the GCS on windows have a simulation mode where you can load your mission with POI's and waypoints then simulate the flight. This would allow you to ensure you have the correct setup before take off. I imagine a poi flight where the multirotor would take off, fly to the first waypoint and loiter for the specified time, then fly to the next waypoint conduct a poi flight then fly home and land. From this, the user can see whether the correct yaw angle and rate is given at the poi, along with aprox flight time.
Jdmagoo

Re: GCS simulation mode...

Postby Jdmagoo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:36 am

Bueller!

I know there is a simulation mode but I'm unable to get it to do what I asked above? Maybe I'm using it wrong? I don't have the AQ yet but am trying to find out all information as possible before committing

Also, how does one set the home point on the mac version of GCS? On the windows version you tap edit and the options are available, but edit is not on the mac version?
Jdmagoo

Postby Max » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:09 am

Hi Jd,

There is no simulation mode like you describe. A full "hardware/firmware-in-the-loop" simulator mode is on the "would be nice to have" list, but I'm not sure that anyone is working on it.

To set home position you need to select the "Google Earth" view from the Main Widget menu. Then the Edit button should appear.

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby afernan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:10 am

I´d recoment the use of QGC/Char-Log File Viewer/EXPORT LOG.

This is a fantastic tool to generate customized log files that you can explore with either Google Earth and/or Matlab that is much more powerfull. You can do almost anything you can imagine very straigh fordward (I do it all the time) to analyze my flights.

Angel
afernan

Return to AQ Software