[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Mission test with some problems

Mission test with some problems

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Mission test with some problems

Postby leopold1 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:28 pm

Here is a 4 WP mission test with the latest firmware and GCS.
All went quite well but with some small problems
Things I noticed is that the altitude isen't relative when I set default alt relative 10m. The GCS shows 4,5m when the quad is on the ground. But in the air it shows +/- 12m.
Sometimes at waypoint the quad doens't quite know were to point its nose. It sometimes the quad yaws in the opposite direction of the next WP even if I set yaw to -1°. Its even turning arround (at the end in the correct direction) when in transit to the next WP. Sometimes it works correctly.
And then when auto land is engaged it start turning arround in all directions. (see video) I tried different setting like 270°( heading west), -1° and 0°but the quad keeps turning.

Here is my mission plan and video.

[youtube]djMnhmmLOW0&[/youtube]
leopold1

Re: Mission test with some problems

Postby LPR » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:19 pm

Leo

I have not used the -1 setting to often but I can see why it might be having a problem. You have 2.5 meters for the waypoint setting and that is quite big if you have a good GPS reception. Try lowering the 2.5 to 1.25 and just set the compass position with positive angles and I think it will fly perfect every time.

If the quad is moving slowly for 5 meter two before the waypoint and 2.5 after the waypoint it has a hard time calculating the angle to the next waypoint. Remember the GPS data is always moving some and can confuse the autopilot in some situations.

I think the quad will yaw at a waypoint that is set to -1 which ever way it sees as the shortest direction to the -1 angle.

Larry
LPR

Postby leopold1 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:48 pm

Larry,
Thanks for the tips. I will try them.

At a certain time I had the quad wondering arround one WP with a radius of 2m. That why I changed it to 2,5m. Worked fine every time but probably has other consequences like the yaw at WP's.
I wanted the option that the quad turned in the direction of the next WP. Works with arducopter and saw it in some of the AQ video's. Sometimes the quad would turn allmost 360° before yawing in the right direction.
So it didn't take the shortest turn.

Any tips on the turning in auto land?
leopold1

Postby LPR » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:24 am

leo

The missions work a little different then you think they would. Where you put the take off way point and where you put the landing waypoint does not make any difference in a mission. Your quad will take off where you start it and no matter where you place the landing waypoint your quad will land at the last normal waypoint. I don't know why it is that way but that's the way it works.

Using -1 for the landing angle would really confuse the AQ because it does not know the direction the next point is because there is not one.

I find playing with the mission is just fascinating.

Larry
LPR

Postby leopold1 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:53 am

Yes, the landing is also the same as with arducpter. Didn't know that.
And the yawing during landing makes sense.
Thx
Will test asap.
leopold1

Return to AQ Software