RTH radio switch question

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

RTH radio switch question

Postby HeliHenkie » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:30 pm

Hi all,

Can someone explain the right radio switch combination for a successfull RTH event?

In the wiki it is stated that the flap switch has to be in manual or alt/pos hold position and the aux2 on RTH to invoke a RTH event.
On my setup RTH only works when I put my machine in alt/pos hold first and then activate RTH. It doesn't work with the flap switch in manual position. When I invoke RTH and my flight mode switch is in manual my quadcopter only changes orientation to home position but drifts away with the wind. Sort of a half RTH event ..........
Is this a mistake in the wiki, my setup, does it differ between software revisions or am I overlooking something different?

I'm flying my quadcopter with AQ 6.6 rev37 #2.

Best regards,

Jan Willem
HeliHenkie

Re: RTH radio switch question

Postby LPR » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:50 pm

Jan

It sounds like the quad is working like it should. RTH is a GPS controlled function so it wont work while in manual control because manual control is for only manual control and no GPS mode functions will work. I've noticed that the magnetometer controlled function of RTH does work in manual mode. You can use it to fly so far away that you can not see the quad's orientation and not have to worry that the quad will yaw.

Larry
LPR

Return to AQ Software