[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Let's show it off!

Let's show it off!

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Re: Let's show it off!

Postby axelnied » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:03 pm

Me, ze German: "Wow, the weather looks amazingly beautiful and scary at the same time!"
Me, living in California for 12 years: "What's all that WHITE stuff on the ground, looks COLD like totally below +50F (+10C)?!"

;-)

Larry,
Awesome job! And MAD skill... Does your Octo have some sort of "cushion" underneath?
axelnied

Postby LPR » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:40 pm

Axel

We're having a real winter this year. It was warm a warm 25F when I did the video but this morning -6F. It takes less time to shovel and blow snow than mowing the grass so winter is a good time to fly from inside the house.

I made a snow shoe to land on top of the snow and not in it. The shoe is built with EPP foam and holds the two 10 cell A123 batteries. With the snow shoe the weight of the octo is 9 lbs which is heavy enough to keep it from blow in to the trees. I have the electronics sealed to keep the snow out. I flew in altitude/ position hold and return to home (RTH) so no skill was needed.

Larry
LPR

Postby chschmid » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:33 am

A nice and sunny winterday.

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby plexus » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:16 am

Test accuracy RTH.
You can see it overshoot his point. What is the parameter to tune ?
Also, the Hold position change during flight, sometimes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7PPE2of ... e=youtu.be

R76 V2
plexus

Postby LPR » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:58 pm

Plexus

Tilt rate D works to keep a copter from tilting quickly. The more you lower D the quicker the copter can tilt and slow it's self to hit the home waypoint. On my copters it's the only PID that I need to adjust. Somewhere between 4500 and 6000 is that I'm using.

Larry
LPR

Postby kinderkram » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:34 pm

Thx Christof and Alain,
added to the playlists! :)

Let dem vidz comin!
kinderkram

Postby teramax » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:56 am

it´s rely short but entertaining RTH vid, found that it is worth to share ;)
somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby plexus » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:28 pm

http://youtu.be/EsFAUnRtWcg
I never flight with that very strong wind. See the RTH.
plexus

Postby rwijnhov » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:11 pm

Ok all I see are a lot of hovering movies and waypoints. I would like to see a video of some more fast and hard flying. My experience with the aq was that it realy didn't like that. I am realy thinking to get back on the project. I got out at 6.43. So has there been any improvement on this section?
rwijnhov

Postby LPR » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:51 pm

rwijnhov

The newer firmware has not change the basic control of the AQ. It's designed to be used for taking videos but it still can do some quite aggressive maneuvers.

This is as aggressive of videos as I have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czeAn1vKbag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwYjOIZDnM4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7im1ExXEug
Larry
LPR

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Software