[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Aq-gcs2_2.8.4 success connections with 3DR

Aq-gcs2_2.8.4 success connections with 3DR

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Aq-gcs2_2.8.4 success connections with 3DR

Postby afernan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:56 pm

I´ve succeded to connect the AQ6 telemetry using 3DR with the Nexus 7 directly by USB (no more BT!).

It works like a charm at first shot. Se image attached.

To do that you need the following:

- 3DR system at 115.000baud (from RCTimer, )
- Nexus 7 rooted (followed this: )
- OTG USB cable
- software on NEXUS: "stickmount" and/or "Nexus USB" (not sure if these are really needed, but I have those installed)
- No need to recompile kernel or scare things like that

This is the most convenient configuration to fly in the field: small and powerfull.

So BIG thanks to sandmen for his great work for AQ.

Angel
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (149.72 KiB) Viewed 17976 times
afernan

Re: Aq-gcs2_2.8.4 success connections with 3DR

Postby leopold1 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:31 pm

Nice Angel!
Did you put any spark protection on the telemetry air module?
leopold1

Postby afernan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:42 pm

No. Its simply connected to the FDTI AQ6 port (gnd, V, Tx,Rx). Do you think the Tx can draw too much mA to burn the AQ?
(Tx power is 100mW)

Angel
afernan

Postby leopold1 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:41 pm

Well, I had an issue with Xbee's. MCU blown and also Xbee. I still can't confirm who did what.
But if you look at a FTDI schematic there is a 100R on the tx line.
Better be safe.

leopold1

Postby kinderkram » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:45 pm

Very nice, Angel!
A complete ground station in-a-pocket. 8-)
Now you only need a nice case and something to clip the 3DR to the Nexus.

With a WLAN IP cam you could stream the video downlink.
And if one day we could have the video instead of the HUD background, we'd have a nice OSD. :D
kinderkram

Postby skew » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:20 pm

Sweet thanks for info going to go root my Nexus :) I found this on thingiverse for 3dr radio going to print one and see how it comes out
skew

Postby skew » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Update I just rooted my nexus 7 works great with just root no Stickmount or Nexus USB needed to work :) also another neat item it will automatically open AQ-gcs anytime you plug-in the 3dr radio. Off to print my radio case.
skew

Postby afernan » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:02 pm

@Skew, good to hear your success in rooting!. Also nice case.

I´ve solved very simply with some velcro:

Angel
IMG_2237.JPG
IMG_2237.JPG (64.83 KiB) Viewed 17906 times
IMG_2240.JPG
IMG_2240.JPG (34.73 KiB) Viewed 17906 times
afernan

Postby LPR » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:27 pm

LPR

Postby skew » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:46 pm