[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Plotting GPS log data on Google Earth

Plotting GPS log data on Google Earth

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Re: Plotting GPS log data on Google Earth

Postby Max » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:05 pm

Attachments
logDump-mp120812-noplot-win.zip
(88.1 KiB) Downloaded 748 times
gps-track-ele-profile.jpg
Altitude profile feature of GE and another attitude view (AQ coming in towards pilot, tilting forward and to the right).
gps-track-wptsonly-grndview.jpg
Waypoints only export (triggered waypoints are red). This is from the "pilot's view" (sorta). Clicking on a waypoint shows info.
gps-track-rth-attitude.jpg
Attitude indication using a simple 3D model. In this case the MR is returning home, tilting slightly in the direction of flight, while rotated ~90* in relation to flight path. Red is left side, green is right, blue is top.
gps-track-triggers.jpg
Triggered waypoints - this is actually my AUX2 switch, so whenever I activated RTH, a way point is shown. The 3D triangle is the position/attitude of the AQ at the point of time indicated in the timeline at the top left.
Max

Postby Kisssys » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:36 pm

Hi Max,

Ask and I received, I'm blown away, this is perfect.

It solves my geotag problem and will be fun and useful for everybody.

I think your time was well spent.

Cheers
Steve
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby kinderkram » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:14 pm

Wow! Great stuff, Max!

I was wondering where you've been - now there you are. 8-)
You should post this in the open forums - and add it to the download section accompanied by a li'l text file with the options.

Thx,

Norbert
kinderkram

Postby Max » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:09 pm

Thanks guys! Whaddaya mean, I've been right here! :lol: Yea, kinda lost track of time... just realized it's been over a week since I said "tomorrow" a few posts back. :)

Yea I'll do a more proper release once it stabilizes a bit more. Already fixed a small bug with GPX and added climb rate to waypoint info display. Could really use some testers... have I mentioned that I've never written in C until I got involved in the AQ project? ;) Also, from chatting with Peter, I think a launcher UI in QGC is a definite possibility (and so logdump could just be included with QGC).

Steve, I'm glad you like it and would love to hear (and maybe see) how you use it for geotagging. I was really into that a few years ago for AP but haven't done anything with it since then. Hoping the tools have improved a bit (I see Lightroom has a tagger built in now, nice). Back then I was especially interested in getting coordinates regarding the camera perspective (which way it's pointing), but didn't have the data. There were some cool examples out there even back then (I forget the name of the app that did this... some commercial product).

I wasn't really sure how to output the camera trigger points. If you have some other idea besides waypoints, I'm glad to hear it.

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby Kisssys » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:48 pm

Hi Max

This guy is providing a service at a reasonable price to create 3D maps. http://dronemapper.com/

I was approached a long time ago to to surveys but the multirotors could not fly long enough to really do a proper mission. That is pretty much worked out and it's really just getting a accurate trustworthy machine with the proper software. A super duper gimbal with video quality is not needed since we're just shooting pictures at a high shutter speed. I can do 40 minute missions with the current LiPo's.

The AQ needs the logger to log all motor outputs so we can see the gimbal outputs and any camera servo outputs we add.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Max » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:33 pm

Dronemapper is very cool. Great use for a MR (pretty basic cam mount too :) )... would love to get into something like that. Not sure how big of a market is out there for it, but it would be a lot of fun. 40 minutes is amazing!

Agreed, logging the servo outputs would be great (and probably not hard to add), and the gimbal tilt position I think would be cool to have. Also, what do you do for camera trigger output? With my PPM setup I can just take a channel directly out of the Rx... but for Spekky/SBus setups I was thinking using an AQ output port would be useful (basically a pass-through for a channel, eg. 5)? Not sure how ppl handle this now or if everyone's just doing video so far.

-Max
Max

Postby mr_westie » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:08 pm

mr_westie

Postby mr_westie » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:10 pm

mr_westie

Postby Kisssys » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:06 pm

Just put 6 RCtimer 5010's and 15 x 5 props on aglhobbies.com frame and a 12000mah 4 cell Lipo.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Kisssys » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:25 pm

Hi Max,

It's easy to pass through, I've been doing it since AQ5. I'll try to post my code that let's me turn off stabilization with the gear switch, output's to M14 a camera switch that is controlled by distance traveled. I have a passthrough for my fpv camera that with my TX setup I either follow my other camera or be independent.

I added one line to the logger.c I think to log my camera channel but it's not the correct way to do it I'm sure.

I haven't looked to see how the latest revisions effect what I'm doing.
Attachments
KissGimbalChanges.zip
(20.07 KiB) Downloaded 732 times
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Software