[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Plotting GPS log data on Google Earth

Plotting GPS log data on Google Earth

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Re: Plotting GPS log data on Google Earth

Postby afernan » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:55 pm

Hi Max:

really great job. This is very usefull.

If I could suggest something for next releases I´d like to have separated tracks for each time I change the mode. So I can analize separatelly a PH, or RTL or Mission. Below is an example I did using your code (showing a trigger value), and then splited by hand in excel in four files. Then I´ve joined with GPS visualizer in a single file but with 4 different tracks.
Attachments
006-AQL.jpg
Four flight modes separated in four different tracks.
afernan

Postby Kisssys » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:02 pm

Yes that's a good idea, the Attopilot had a designated color for each flight mode.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Max » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:26 am

Last edited by Max on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Max

Postby Max » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:31 am

Max

Postby afernan » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:52 pm

Attachments
modos.zip
MATLAB script to get the mode change points
(401 Bytes) Downloaded 714 times
AUX1.jpg
AUX1 Channel (Manual, Pos Hold, AUTO)
AUX1.jpg (26.46 KiB) Viewed 16270 times
afernan

Postby epyonxero » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:21 pm

epyonxero

Postby Kisssys » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Look at the code I previously posted and see in gimbalInit() that I have created a servo output on M13 called gimbalData.fpvpitch.

In GimbalUpdate() you see it being assigned to RADIO_AUX4.

This just passes the Aux4 channel to M13.

Look at gimbalData.h to see the variables that need to be added. If you added all the code you would be able to turn on and off stabilization with the gear switch, pass through control to a fpv camera. Take pictures after traveling a certain distance.

Use at your own risk, I'm a shaky programmer.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby afernan » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:47 am

Update in GoogleEarth plotting in separated tracks

I´ve done some codding to simplifiy the process to create a GE file with separated tracks for each mode of flight (manual, PH, AUTO, etc). You need some files (attached) and MATLAB. The process is as follow:

1) Put the attached files ("kml creation KIT") and your LOG file to process in a new folder.
2) rename your LOG file to "AQL.LOG"
3) Execute “1-cSV creation.bat” (double click it). It will create “AQL-gps.csv”, delete first text line
4) In MATLAB locate in same folder, and run “main.m” . This will create a number or .dat files (for each mode)
5) In Windows, run “3-kml merging.bat”. (Prior, edit to comment not applicable lines, put %% at beginning of that lines). The file created is called "output.kml" (attached)

In the future all this will be integrated in a single run using some .exe, but for the moment is quite simple and quick.
Hope this help, waiting for Max´s work on that.
Angel
Attachments
output.jpg
output.jpg (140.3 KiB) Viewed 16212 times
kml creation KIT.zip
(92.71 KiB) Downloaded 720 times
Last edited by afernan on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
afernan

Postby Max » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:48 pm

Hi Angel, nice work! The "colorize by flight mode" feature is next on my list for logDump. Right now I'm trying to export a MAVLink log file which can be played back in QGC and viewed in the built-in Google Earth plugin (plus all the other data would be available as well -- radio inputs, motor outputs, voltage, etc). It's giving me some grief, but it should be very cool if (when!) it works. The problem right now when using the "full" GE is that can't slow down the replay speed enough. With the GE plugin, the speed is fully controlled so you can play it back in real-time if you want (plus get a lot more data than just position/attitude).

I haven't tried this... but it might work: Export the same log 3 or 4 times, each time specifying a different trigger value for the different flight modes and using --out-trig-only, then upload them all to GPS Visualizer and tell it to "color by track." I think this should create 3-4 tracks with different colors, one for each uploaded file.

Also worked up a GUI for logdump... will be included in the next version of QGC, coming up soon! :)

Cheers,
-Max

logdump-gui-preview.png
logdump-gui-preview.png (32.08 KiB) Viewed 16203 times
Max

Postby afernan » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:06 am

@Max:
That what you´re doing looks great and for sure is very usefull to speed up the development.
I´m not really an "ace" in programming but I can give you a hand (up to my limits) in this matter. Maybe you can create a GIT or SVN project to share and collaborate there.

Angel
afernan

Previous

Return to AQ Software