[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Plotting GPS log data on Google Earth

Plotting GPS log data on Google Earth

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Plotting GPS log data on Google Earth

Postby nikivan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:24 am

Is there a way to export the AQ log files to a format that Google Earth can display? I'd like to be able to review and plot GPS flight data.

Thanks,
Nick
nikivan

Re: Plotting GPS log data on Google Earth

Postby mr_westie » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:05 am

Not at this stage.
If someone can post a compiled copy of logdump we may have a chance :)
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1574&p=7620&hilit=logdump#p7620
mr_westie

Postby Kisssys » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:11 am

Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby nikivan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:52 am

Thanks, Steve, this is very helpful.
nikivan

Postby mr_westie » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:55 pm

Who can we beg to get ta precompiled version for rev2? :D
mr_westie

Postby Max » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:25 am

Attachments
gearth--flight-2d.png
gearth--flight-3d.png
Max

Postby Kisssys » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:46 am

HI Max,

That's great, any chance you could get it to dump the UTC time also. What I really need is a GPX file to geotag photo's.

Bill's latest revision seems to have the date working better and with gps TOW we should be able to get a suitable time.

Cheers
Steve
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Max » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:01 am

Hi Steve,

I was trying hard to get a real date/time in there, but couldn't find anything useful in the log. There's LOG_GPS_POS_UPDATE but I'm not sure what this value actually represents (doesn't seem to be any time format I can come up with, like GPS time, epoch time, etc.). If I knew what to pull from the logs, it would certainly be easy to add.

-Max
Max

Postby Kisssys » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:00 am

Hi Max,

LOG_GPS_ITOW is the time from Midnight Sunday gmt time in miliseconds. That in combination of the Log file date we should come up with a good time stamp. 24 x 3600 x 1000 I assume is the number of ms in a day. I haven't dumped a log but I did do the math on what I could read off a plot in QGC and it seemed correct.

I assume if it was presented in the NEMA ZDA format it would satisfy GPSBabel. I have mentioned this to Peter also about adding a GPX, KML converter in QGC. I would like it in log dump because I could dump camera trigger also.

ZDA - Data and Time

$GPZDA,hhmmss.ss,dd,mm,yyyy,xx,yy*CC
$GPZDA,201530.00,04,07,2002,00,00*60

where:
hhmmss HrMinSec(UTC)
dd,mm,yyy Day,Month,Year
xx local zone hours -13..13
yy local zone minutes 0..59
*CC checksum

Cheers
Steve
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Max » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:20 am

Nice tip on iTOW Steve, thanks. I can work with that. The values I'm seeing seem to match up with the actual flight date/time. So like you say just need the date of last file modification, and I'm thinking the date can be set on the logdump command-line as well, in case the file date is wrong (you just have to remember which week the log is from :) ).

I don't see any reason I can't get it to spit out a GPX file while I'm at it... :) Although writing XML output "manually" is a bit :evil: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPS_eXchange_Format Not complicated, just verbose!

I might have to save my "dates with C" for tomorrow though... ;)

-Max
Max

Next

Return to AQ Software