[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - iPad Telemetry

iPad Telemetry

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

iPad Telemetry

Postby Jessestr » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:56 pm

Hello

I've seen lots of information about the telemetry stuff and I really like it. But I don't obtain an android tablet and I don't want to take my laptop on the field.

Is there any way to use those long range telemetry (in documentation) on the iPad? I'd really like to see it work on the iPad.. but it's just a question.. not a proposal.

Thanks!

Jesse
Jessestr

Re: iPad Telemetry

Postby skew » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:19 pm

I don't think we will ever see is because Apple does not have serial via bluetooth. If they ever did enable it there maybe a posibility but its Apple we are talking about.
skew

Postby JussiH » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:37 pm

With Apples antiquated policies and crippled HW, I dont think you should hold your breath waiting for someone to write a telemetry app. Just the hassle of getting it through Appstore should deter anyone from even trying and there is also the problem that Apple has deliberately crippled BT on all IOS devices...add to that the fact that Apple is using a dominant market share to limit free speech by censoring content that I am allowed to place on a IOS device and you arrive at the result that Apple = Evil

But here is a good thing you can do with your Ipad ;) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAl28d6tbko
JussiH

Postby Jessestr » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:19 pm

Wow hold on. I have an iMac and an iPad. As do I have a windows laptop and a linux desktop. My phone is android.
Every item I use have their pro's & contra's butI don't think we should start fighting about companies.

Well. ArduPilotMega has an app for iPad so I was just wondering.. maybe it exists for iPad.. Jail breaking is also a possibility. Or telemetry that send to a base station which sends out WiFi with the data and then you can connect to the WiFi device and go to the IP adres of the Telemetry Rx and see all the data on the web..

It's doable but maybe too much work to actually let it work.. Ah well. Thanks for answering my question!
Jessestr

Postby kinderkram » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:51 pm

I've seen the app, too.
But this one doesn't work via BT but with an external WiFi connected through an expensive IPad2serial cable.
Doesn't come very handy with that fat cable attached.
For the price of that cable alone I'll be getting a simple Andoid phone. ;)
kinderkram

Postby Jessestr » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:57 pm

That's very true.

Only point is. I have a HTC Wildfire S wuth a custom build ROM. But the screen is so small for telemetry.

Could a thin client work with a 4"/5" screen? Don't know if it could run off DC power.
Jessestr

Postby JussiH » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:57 pm

Ah, dont listen to me, I am a passionate IOS-hater - so it was just a personal rant about a company I think is using its dominant market share to limit freedom of speech and freedom of information...
JussiH

Postby Jessestr » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:07 pm

Well they might. But they make awesome products who actually work great and better (my opinion) then android. Just because they have only few platforms to let their software work on it flawless. I worked with expensive android phones and had so many crashes. I use a custom android rom for my Wildfire S just because it's so much more stable than the normal android. Even though it works on the same core. Got another kernel too which is more stable.

Never had any crash on my iMacs.. Except for Flash player but that's all. But it has limits.. and every thing is just better in some way.. I need all three .. all for something different.

Anyways, sorry for the offtopic :)
Jessestr

Postby kinderkram » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:48 pm

Don't let me start a rant about my beloved Windoze touchfone not being supported! :lol:

I'm afraid I'll never ever see a telemetry version for my advanced CE. MS somehow managed to completely fail on the handheld market. :roll:

Call me old school but I prefer my 10" eee netbook whereever I need a mobile working place. The keyboard and mouse pad makes it much faster than the touchscreen stuff. There's not much that a tablet can do better - except for leaving my finger prints all over the screen. ;)
kinderkram

Postby Jessestr » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 pm

I had an Asus EEE too. But I like the iPad more.. probably a matter of taste
Jessestr

Next

Return to AQ Software