[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - iPad Telemetry

iPad Telemetry

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Re: iPad Telemetry

Postby kinderkram » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:31 pm

It's about speeed.
While you tap into the text/number field to pop up your screen keyboard I already submit my values.
While you switch between shift keys/numbers/signs like mad I'm already off for the next cawfee break. :P

I hate to type my complicated passwords on a tablet!
kinderkram

Postby Jessestr » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:52 pm

Well if you are used to type with a tablet it's really fast and easy.. Just have to learn it a bit
Jessestr

Postby flyingdream » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:07 pm

Hi Immersion RC has a free App available from Istore,
iTelemetryFPV
It works with the EZosd
Live tracking on a Google Earth type interface and monitoring of all common parameters.
(Only a downlink)
flyingdream

Postby arachnida » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:11 am

I bought myself a WIN8 tablet PC from Samsung because it has no HD, runs +10h on the battery and the keyboard can be separated. But I found out that the QGC is way too complicated to control with your fingers in the field. The buttons are too small, numbers can not be easily changed and the text is too small to read on such a screen during flight.

What I would like is an easy program like the Android version with big buttons to control the AQ. Start, land and waypoints would be a nice start. The Samsung screen is bigger than an iPad screen, so it must be possible to make something that can be easily read during flights and with huge buttons to push even if you hold a RC Tx in your hands.

Something else I don't like about the GQC is that the place of buttons, sliders and text boxes is dynamic, it changes if the text around it becomes smaller or bigger. as many buttons are right next to each other this looks dangerous to me.

So if you make something for the iPad, think about it that the controls and text needs to be much bigger than the QGC.
arachnida

Postby kinderkram » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:43 am

Dunno what has become of "Mavelous", a browser based Mavlink GCS:
https://github.com/wiseman/mavelous#readme

kinderkram

Previous

Return to AQ Software