[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - New Android GCS version 2.8.2

New Android GCS version 2.8.2

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Re: New Android GCS version 2.8.2

Postby skew » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:54 am

Sandman, yeah I have never lost connection before. I don't know if its a fluke or what. The link light on the 3dr is solid the whole time so its connected to the air unit. Something is going on from the 3dr to android USB. It worked perfect before using Bluetooth to 3dr the weather really turned bad now it will be a few weeks before I can try it again.
skew

Postby afernan » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:05 pm

@skew
I've tested mine 3DR directly to N7 and keeps connected all time. Does it happen to you only under a mission or in any situation?. Then it could be due to loss of packages more than 5 s and then disconnect.
Angel
afernan

Postby skew » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:15 pm

I did 2 flights the other day, 1st flight I just flew around I never did hear it say bluetooth disconnected I used pos hold & manual. The 2nd flight was full mission I couldn't keep it connected I had to hit connect about 4-5 times through the mission I finally just sit the nexus down and watch my autoquad fly. From the weather reports Im not going to get to try it out again for awhile :( I would say it probably something in my setup I might try a different rom or kernel If I continue to have issues. Worst case I can go back to bluetooth-3dr it worked great.
skew

Postby afernan » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:06 pm

@skew:
I´ve deeply tested today my 3DR directly connected (USB) to the N7 in all possible situations, including missions, rtl, PH, circles, land, etc . It never became disconnected. I´ve repeated many times and flew really far away. It looks to work very well for me.

The only point I had is saving missions. Sometimes (almost randomly) I don´t get back the acknoledge message, and so, the mission is not saved. I coudn´t identify the reason yet.

Angel
afernan

Postby kinderkram » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:14 pm

skew: where did you get your units from?
There was a known bad batch sold somewhere from China (eforchina).
Those from RC-Timer seem to work well, though.
kinderkram

Postby skew » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:47 pm

Mine came from rc timer. I flew a misson yesterday I didnt even get off the ground just armed it and it said bluetooth disconnected. So I got out my BT-3dr setup and paired it flew the whole mission without a glitch. I have another 3dr usb ground unit I will try it when I can and see what happens.
skew

Postby afernan » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:55 pm

I've got my 3DR from RC-Timer, two sets (2xtx & 2xRx). One of the tx units don't work. The other yes. So maybe yours is also bad.
Angel
afernan

Postby nikivan » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:47 pm

nikivan

Postby LPR » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:13 am

Angel

Do you think the most Android cell phones USB would be able to power both the BT and the 3D radio so I wouldn't have to root my phone and void the warranty?
I would not think the BT takes much power. Does Android cell phone's USB have power out without modification?

Larry
LPR

Postby skew » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:59 pm

I finally got a chance this morning to work on my disconection problem and I figured it out. I used the 3dr configuration software to read the rssi output of all of my radios. Guess what the one I was using on the Nexus 7 showed half of all of the rest. so I pulled it out of the case and inspected the antenna connector this is what my problem was.

Piece of metal bridging antenna connection I read across them with meter Bingo dead short.
photo.JPG

What a working one looks like
photo (1).JPG

So I was able to pick off the flashing went back to the RSSI now reads same signal as all of the others :) I should be ready to go if it would quit snowing! But it looks like that's not stopping anyone else on here. LOL
skew

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Software