[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - New Android GCS version 2.8.2

New Android GCS version 2.8.2

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Re: New Android GCS version 2.4.0

Postby sandmen » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:49 am

nikivan,
can you delete all your paired devices in the Bluetooth settings from Android.
Scann for the devices, and do a binding, all this in the Android settings.
After this, please start the aq-gcs2 app.
Go to Settings, and select "forget binding", back to main screen, and press connect.
Now you should see your copter-device, select this.
peter
sandmen

Postby nikivan » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:32 pm

Thanks, Peter. Actually, before I saw your reply I've removed all app data, uninstalled the app, restarted the tablet and installed the app again. I haven't tested it on the field (it is raining here), but now it is not crashing like before. I did not have to remove BT references or re-pair. I hope this will help if some one else experience the same issue.
nikivan

Postby teramax » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:27 am

whats new, when i change some number in the PID menu, lines go yellow, then green and then all fields stay black.
I have to go to an other menu like Waypoint ore so and than back to PID to see the numbers again.

Phone is a HTC EVO 3D with Android 2.3.4
somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby epyonxero » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:15 pm

Running GCS 2.4 on a Droid Bionic and I am unable to see the AutoQuad's location on the mission map. I see the blue circle of the phone/GCS location but not the vehicle.
epyonxero

Postby GoFaster » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:24 pm

Hi epyonxero -

Right now that appears to work on some devices and not others. Peter is working on that. Along with logging AQ notices to local storage.

Regards,
- Felix
GoFaster

Postby sandmen » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:56 pm

sandmen

Postby sandmen » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:00 pm

sandmen

Postby teramax » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:12 am

somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby nikivan » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:11 am

I also can't see the position of the copter. The device is Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7", running ICS 4.0.4.

Here are some other observations. When voice notifications are enabled, I only hear one announcement when connecting to AQ, but nothing else. Also, even when AQ is far away for connection to continue, or even if I power down the board, the ground station still shows green sign suggesting the connection is still active.

Suggestion: can we have notifications showing also in HUD and map screens? There is enough space for them, at least for 7" devices I'd think. Also, in map screen, can we have small version of HUD, or perhaps a mode with split screens (with settings to select which screens to combine)? Basically, the idea is to have as much information available without having to go back and forward between the screens.

Thanks, Peter, for all your hard work.
nikivan

Postby Max » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:02 am

I know Peter is working on fixing the 'copter position indicator. It's definitely bugged for some users right now.

I do hear all the voice prompts... not sure why you wouldn't. The detection/announcement of heartbeat loss is being fixed as well, so that's coming up. I thought the notices were shown on all screens... although they just come up as overlays and then fade away. The new version will also optionally log the messages.

Split screen/hud insert is a good idea, as long as it's optional. Some of us with small screens wouldn't want that :)

Cheers,
-Max
Max

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Software