[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Can't install AqGCS

Can't install AqGCS

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Can't install AqGCS

Postby nikivan » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:52 am

I am trying to install the app on an Android tablet I bought today, but I keep getting "Application not installed" message. The device is running Android 4.0 OS. In the security settings I have checked "Allow installation of Non-market apps". Any ideas how to troubleshoot this? Thanks.
nikivan

Re: Can't install AqGCS

Postby sandmen » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:33 am

Can you do a short logcat?
sandmen

Postby nikivan » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:20 pm

Yes, the package failed to install because of missing sharing library com.google.android.maps

I bought this device (7" HANNSpad SN70T3) with the sole purpose to be used as AQ ground station. Unfortunately, it turned out It does not have Google Play store, instead it has 1MobileMarket, which does not seem to contain Google maps. I am not an Android expert, so do you have any suggestions for an easy fix?
nikivan

Postby kinderkram » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:47 pm

You can download and install the Map app separately.

I think this one should work for 4.0:
http://dl.apktops.com/app/201209/maps6. ... signed.apk
kinderkram

Postby nikivan » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:43 pm

I've installed the app from the link you've provided, but even after that AqGCS still fails to install with exactly the same message in the log.
nikivan

Postby nikivan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:46 am

I bought another tablet and I was able to install the app. However, this device does not have build in Bluetooth. It seems like AqGCS only supports BT connection? The tablet has OTG cable and I was able to connect it to FTDI USB dongle. Basically this creates a serial port available to the tablet.

Would it be possible to update AqGCS to use serial ports in addition to BT?

Alternatively, could you point me to USB BT adapter that can be connected to Android device?
nikivan

Postby kinderkram » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:22 pm

I'll have to face the same situation, too. I've ordered a cheap Android tablet w/o BT.
BT is necessary to run the Android app (no serial). If your tablet has a USB host connector, any class2 BT stick should work.
kinderkram

Postby nikivan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:23 pm

Well, the tabled did come with USB host connector. However, when BT USB device is plugged in, nothing happens. No BT appears anywhere in the settings and AqGCS does not find it. I've tried two separate BT modules and they work fine when connected to Windows machine, but not when connected to the tablet. The USB host connector works fine with memory drives and even FTDI dongles. Man, this is becoming a hassle. I've spent the entire evening yesterday trying to make this work to no avail.
nikivan

Postby JussiH » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:12 am

I think you may have to look into rooting that tablet. The OTG port on most android devices are only meant for mass storage and HID devices.

I have a few friends that have the same problem with getting BT dongles to work on android devices that does not have builtin BT - seems there is no drivers for it yet.
JussiH

Postby kinderkram » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:19 am

Then your Android OS is missing the BT part. I'm pretty sure there's a workaround for it.
Since mine is still on the road I can't help atm.
kinderkram

Next

Return to AQ Software