[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Mac version of qgroundcontrol for AQ

Mac version of qgroundcontrol for AQ

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Mac version of qgroundcontrol for AQ

Postby Wingspinner » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:09 pm

Consistent with my promise a few months ago that if you would provide the sources for the Windows version of the AQ widget for QGroundControl I would do a port to OSX on the Mac I have completed that port. I just saw that the AQ team had released yesterday so today I finished it up and will be happy to make those sources available to the dev team. I don't want to make it sound like a huge effort - it wasn't - maybe 5 or 6 hours of work. Some of that simply because I've never used the QT stuff before but mostly because the files were not consistent with the QGC file structure that the project files expected and I had to do some gyrations to get things to work.

There may be Some bugs but i didnt change anything in the widget and all I did was apply the AQ patches to QGC latest code base so whatever worked before should work and maybe some things that didn't have been fixed due to the many updates QGC people have done since the original AQ snapshot. It all seems to work except of course things that I don't have access to source for - calc, sim3, esc32, and stm32flash. I would consider this "beta" at this point until a few people use it. Of course, just as the AQ dev team says about their code, I don't guarantee anything.

If the AQ dev people will re-compile calc, sim3, etc for OSX then we'll have a full, up-to-date version for all three major platforms. Would be nice to get a commitment from the AQ team to do that. [Note: Since this first post I have also recompiled this for Windows as well it's in the repository for download as noted below]

I didn't use the sources from the AQ download section except for reference because i couldnt generat the needed Mac make file due to the non-standard dile structure. Rather i incorporated the code in a fresh version from the QGroundControl code repository.

All of my efforts are released under the existing QGroundControl licensing and freely available here: No longer available

Also, I've created a binary and produced a "qgroundcontrol.dmg" which is here: No longer available . Simply download this file, open it, drag qgroundcontrol.app to your Applications folder (in Finder, not the one on the Doc) or wherever you want it and you are ready to go.

Please post in this thread if you encounter any problems running it and I'll see what I can do to fix them. To do calibrations you still must use a linux or windows machine as I do not have the source for those utilities to port them over.

Hopefully the dev team will complete the project by adding the required non-open source pieces (or allowing me to recompile and add them) and make it available to everyone on the download site.

Here are a couple of screen shots:

qground2.jpg
Mac version of AQ qgroundcontrol screenshott
qground2.jpg (192.94 KiB) Viewed 15430 times

qground1.jpg
Mac version of AQ qgroundcontrol screenshot
qground1.jpg (186.73 KiB) Viewed 15430 times

Regards,
Last edited by Wingspinner on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:55 am, edited 8 times in total.
Ron
"WingSpinner"
Wingspinner

Re: Mac version of qgroundcontrol for AQ Ported!

Postby epyonxero » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:49 pm

Thats great. Id like to give it a try, can you host it as a torrent?
epyonxero

Postby Max » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:42 am

Hi Ron, nice work on the Mac version. I'm not a Mac user, but I'm sure it's appreciated by some!

I'm wondering where you got the source for the AQ QGC widget from? The file in the AQ downloads section (http://autoquad.org/software-downloads/?did=26)? Does that include the 1.0.2 widget source (it says 1.0.1 in the dload info)? And more importantly, have you found source for 1.0.3?

BTW stm32flash source is here, I believe: http://code.google.com/p/stm32flash/

Thanks,
-Max
Max

Postby Wingspinner » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:20 am

HI Max,
Yes, it was quietly posted there a few days ago but I only noticed it yesterday. Turns out Norbert had made a post in a thread I had posted in pointing it out to me but I seldom subscribe to threads I post in so I didn't see that until afterwards.

When I first looked at it, I couldn't for the life of me find anything related to AQ in it but I may have downloaded the wrong file or had too many glasses of wine that afternoon so I downloaded again and found the code. There are a couple of key modules but there are also a fair number of small snippets of code kind of sprinkled about the larger code base. That was really the crux of the work - finding all those little snippets.

The great news here is we can make some improvements, add some features, etc. One thing I think that should be done immediately is remove widgets and whatnot that have no value or just plain cause confusion for AQ - one would be the QGC radio calibration widget. Another would be the standard QGC firmware upload widget. Neither serve any purpose for AQ.

For Windows and Linux we can now make a full package. We'll have to wait and see if we can get the powers that be to recompile the command-line utilities for OSX to make that complete though.

Regards,
Ron
Ron
"WingSpinner"
Wingspinner

Postby Max » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:28 am

OK, thanks. I was just wondering if maybe the latest AQ version (1.03) is up in some repo somewhere that I missed.

-Max
Max

Postby kinderkram » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am

Good work, Ron!
Thx for taking the time to fill the gap in the OSes.

Are there minimum requirements to run the software on a Mac?

I agree that it'll be nice to strip the AQ version of the QGC down to the only AQ related widgets and get rid of unnecessary parts like the double radio widget which might be confusing to some.

Let's think about a method to grant you guys faster access to the sources.
Could you please upload you Mac version to a file hoster for now?

Thx in advance,
Norbert
kinderkram

Postby Wingspinner » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:30 am

Hi Norbert,
I'll send you a pm.

Max,
1.03 is in the downloads. I only recently found that when you go to the downloads page you don't necessarily see all the files in a given section. How Ed, if you click on the name of the section it will open it up and let you see everything there. In this case click on the ground control section and you'll find 1.03. Not sources though.

Regards
Ron
Ron
"WingSpinner"
Wingspinner

Postby kinderkram » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:08 am

Thx for the file, Ron

I'll upload it to our internal FTP for further inspection before I'll make it available for download.

And now: what about porting the Android stuff to iOS? :lol:
kinderkram

Postby Max » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:48 am

Max

Postby kinderkram » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:58 pm

Hey, that was a serious joke! ;)
I know about the hurdles Apple has raised for iOS developers. If we'd find someone to code an app we've almost all important OSes covered.

Someone over at DIYD started an ifon/ipad app for MAVLink support:
http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/who-w ... th-mavlink

I also came across Mavelous, a GCS running in a desktop browser:
https://github.com/wiseman/mavelous
kinderkram

Next

Return to AQ Software