[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Mac version of qgroundcontrol for AQ

Mac version of qgroundcontrol for AQ

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Re: Mac version of qgroundcontrol for AQ Running

Postby joebar.rc » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:39 pm

Hi Ron,

I did a quick download, but the first message I get is
Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /Users/*/QtWebKit.framework/Versions/4/QtWebKit
Reason: image not found

Btw
Date/Time: 2012-10-03 17:35:03.187 +0200
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.8.2 (12C54)
Report Version: 10
joebar.rc

Postby Wingspinner » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:42 pm

Ron
"WingSpinner"
Wingspinner

Postby Wingspinner » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:56 pm

Ron
"WingSpinner"
Wingspinner

Postby sandmen » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:49 am

sandmen

Postby Wingspinner » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:41 pm

It turns out that QT doesn't copy all the libraries automatically as it should to the .app file which is why Menno (and probably others) couldn't get it to work. Apparently the QGC people hit the same problem and had a fix - a shell script which copies the libs to the .app. As a bonus it creates a .dmg - which every mac owner knows what to do with.

So, I've recreated the binary and produced a "qgroundcontrol.dmg" which is here: in my git repository. Simply download this file, run it, drag qgroundcontrol.app to your Applications folder (in Finder, not the one on the Doc) or wherever you want it and you are ready to go.

Please note in this thread if you encounter any problems running it and I'll see what I can do to fix them. To do calibrations you still must use a linux or windows machine as I do not have the source for those utilities to port them over.

Regards,
Ron
(Wingspinner)
Ron
"WingSpinner"
Wingspinner

Postby Wingspinner » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:28 pm

Ron
"WingSpinner"
Wingspinner

Postby Wingspinner » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:31 am

Peter,
Just for grins I compiled my sources without modification on Windows using only the QGroundControl Teams instructions and built a self installing copy that also puts a link in the Start menu. Works absolutely fine as far as I can tell. I also included your calibration binaries in the self installer and those work also.

So, we have a working Mac version with installer but no calibration capability and a working Windows version with installer and full calibration capability both based on the lates QGC sources and the AQ widget sources (and other modifications you've made). I can do a Linux version also but I just wanted to prove the point that getting lined up with the QGC teams current sources and bug fixes is pretty easy. As well, my compiles are self installing so it's a tad bit more convenient for users.

Try it out. It's here:

At this point, I'm not going to put any further effort into this unless I get some commitment from the AQ Development Team to test and adopt the work I've done and make it available to users on the AQ downloads section. Collaborative development - that's the concept.

All the best,
Ron
"WingSpinner"
Wingspinner

Postby kinderkram » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:29 am

Thx for your efforts, Ron!
I've just installed your Windows version and it works perfectly. Haven't tested under all aspects but looks like the main parts are working.

Will also try your Mac version this weekend.
kinderkram

Postby kinderkram » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:43 am

I've successfully installed the MAC version on a MacBook Pro, running an Intel. On a G4 it doesn't start (wrong system).
Couldn't fully test it since I couldn't establish a connection.
kinderkram

Postby Wingspinner » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:15 pm

Ron
"WingSpinner"
Wingspinner

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Software