[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Problems connecting with mavlink

Problems connecting with mavlink

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Re: Problems connecting with mavlink

Postby Max » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:34 pm

They look good to me. Tx->Rx, Rx->Tx.

I don't think there's any way he could have connected if they were reversed... ;)

-Max
Max

Postby chris24g » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:14 pm

did you look at his pic
chris24g

Postby apejovic » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:12 am

Hi Chris, Ive checked photo and the actual way I´m connecting and it´s correct.

Second connector (from left to right) on the AQ is TX and goes to second connector (from left to right) of the serial-usb adapter which in my case is RX.

Anyway the most important thing is that now I´m getting it connected.

I did some static calibrations but did not get completely perfect curves, on all them at different hours and places I always get some "noise" at around 400,000 cicles, very similar as to the example showed on the wiki. Will do some more and choose the best ones.

Hope to start testing it soon on a small quad until I finish building a second octo.
apejovic

Postby Max » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:45 am

Is the noise you're getting always in the same place time-wise? And how much of it?

Mine all had small spikes at the same spots on each run, which apparently is OK: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=670 The 3rd post has a link to an explanation of the noise.

-Max
Max

Postby apejovic » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:04 pm

Max these are my three runs, all with the board in same position (lower corner to earth)

First run had a peak at around 100,000 I think ir was produced because of a micro shortcut. You will notice on acc curves that all three have the noise I told you before at aprox 400,000.

Please take a look to them, do you think they are usable or should I make some more calibs?
Attachments
run3.jpg
run3
run2.jpg
run2
run1.jpg
run1
apejovic

Postby Max » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:08 am

apejovic, sorry for not responding sooner, I was hoping someone with more experience would chime in. Have you tried any more runs in the meantime? This might be better placed in the Calibrations forum, too.

It's interesting that the disturbances seem to be in similar times/temperatures, although not exactly. I would suspect something in the environment (A/C coming on, or something like that), and perhaps the timing is just a coincidence... but it does seem a bit strange.

One other thing you could graph would be voltages -- Acc sensor voltages are 8, 9, and 10, and for rate sensors it's 0, 1, and 2. This might tell us something about that noise at 400K.

I would not use the run 1 log because of that spike @ ~100K. The other 2 might be OK since the docs indicate that much noise would be acceptable, though if you could get cleaner logs that would be better. Again, I'm speaking from limited experience here, but I'm not sure you'll get a more definitive answer (I'm not sure anyone except Bill really understands the whole process ;) ).

One other thing you could try is run your static logs files through the first 2 steps of the calculation process (cal --rate and cal --acc) and see what kind of MAE numbers you come up with (those 2 steps only require static logs). There's been some talk of trying to come up with a way to quantify the quality of the collected data -- there isn't really one yet but I think the MAE numbers from those 2 steps might be a good start.

-Max
Max

Postby apejovic » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:04 am

Hi Max,

I was quite busy with lot of work (producing a new tourism video for a town in Tenerife south) so had no time for more runs, but hope to make some more tonight.

At least I have received the frsky ppm rx so I can start working soon adjusting the controller.

I also think the best would be to try the first two steps and see the results with the calibrations.

It´s nice to see how much progress was done in the FW in such a small time. Actually I´m on R22, do you have latest versions hex with the ppm implemented. If so it would be nice if you could send me a copy, hope it comes with he flow controls deactvated by default as I cannot connect to AQ qith flow control activated with my/yours serial adapter.

Will keep you informed of the progresses.
apejovic

Postby Max » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:22 am

Hi apejovic,

Busy making beautiful videos in a beautiful place? Sounds rough! :) Hope to see some more of your work on that "other FC thread" over at RCG. ;)

I've attached a compiled hex file of r33 with flow control disabled and PPM settings to work well with FrSky PPM output. I have NOT TESTED this compile, so please proceed carefully.

Regarding FrSky PPM, please see my notes here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=431&start=90#p5003 Be sure to adjust the end points on your Tx as I describe, and also do some testing on the ground with all channels you're using at maximum values to make sure you don't loose PPM synch (see the graph in that posting).

It would be nice to figure out why your setup is not working with the default flow control... since it does on my system with the same adapter, that seems a bit strange. I haven't seen anyone else report this either. That way you won't need a custom hex for each upgrade (FrSky PPM issues aside -- we'll have to figure out how best to handle that going forward).

Also before you do any calculations, be sure to download the latest Windows ground station software -- it includes important fixes to the cal.exe program. There's a new version for Android as well, if you use that. http://autoquad.org/software-downloads/?category=2

Best of luck with the static calibrations!

-Max
Attachments
aqv6.6.r33.hfc-n.frsky-ppm.zip
AQ 6.6r33 with flow control disabled and shortened PPM guard pulse length for FrSky. NOT TESTED!
(146.88 KiB) Downloaded 715 times
Max

Previous

Return to AQ Software