[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Problems connecting with mavlink

Problems connecting with mavlink

Ground Stations and utilities for Windows, Linux, Android, & others

Problems connecting with mavlink

Postby apejovic » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:03 pm

First at all hi all. At the end I found some time to start playing with the AQ.

I normally use a windows xp virtual machine for all my other boards setups.

Downloaded v 6.6 r19 hex and flashed corectly with mavlink with 1.02 widget

My problem is that I cannot get connection to the board with mavlink, I always see many people with similar problems with other boards I use, that end to simply be port settings, I really feel ashame :oops: but need your help as after an entire afternoon im still stuck. Board does log so I suppose I could start with the freezings tomorow but need to sort this out somehow.

I have used viacopter usb-serial for flashing, with rx-tx tx-rx gnd-gnd, com port is set at 115200,8-1 and no flow control. I have also tried other serial to usb adapters and another computer with win7 on it but had no luck.

Even disconnecting the aq I always get a connected message in mavlink but have no access to any of the aq data.

Please take a look to the attached screenshots ...HELPPP....

Many thanks in advance...
Attachments
Captura de pantalla 2012-09-25 a la(s) 15.55.00.png
Captura de pantalla 2012-09-25 a la(s) 15.55.00.png (31.59 KiB) Viewed 14079 times
Captura de pantalla 2012-09-25 a la(s) 19.56.43.png
Captura de pantalla 2012-09-25 a la(s) 19.56.43.png (1.01 MiB) Viewed 14079 times
Captura de pantalla 2012-09-25 a la(s) 15.53.23.png
Captura de pantalla 2012-09-25 a la(s) 15.53.23.png (23.57 KiB) Viewed 14079 times
apejovic

Re: Problems connecting with mavlink

Postby JussiH » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:02 pm

JussiH

Postby Max » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:21 pm

You probably did, but have you tried re-flashing the firmware? That sounds like what would happen with the testing firmware that comes installed on the boards when shipped.

I use the same interface from Jussi's shop and the same wire connections and settings as you, on both Win 7 x64 and XP x86 (physical, not virtual), and it worked fine on the downloadable 6.6r19 hex.

Sorry, not sure what else to suggest...

-Max
Max

Postby apejovic » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:22 pm

Thanks JussiH will try your suggestion or flash with r21 tomorrow, I cannot see your r21 attachment (still getting used to this forum). So I am right assuming that with your interface only wires used for getting connection to mavlink are GND,TX and RX? Is my windows setup on the com port correct(115200, 8,1,no parity no flow)?

Max, I did flash and try also fw 6.5 and then back to r19, flashing seems to work well. Unfortunately my bluwtooth to serial adapter is not working (brand new, gets 5v from aq but no led or activity) as I was thinking in using a different approach to get aq connected and running.

Thanks both will let you know ig I get it to work.
apejovic

Postby JussiH » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:38 am

Sry, I didnt see that the forum does not allow .hex files. Here it is in a zip-format:

aqv6.6_Flow_disable.hex.zip
(128.5 KiB) Downloaded 791 times
JussiH

Postby apejovic » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:05 pm

I tried first solution given by JussiH, "only accept Mav´s with same protocol version", and had no success getting connection.

Then I flashed with R21 with disable flow annnnddddd.....YES it works.

Thanks JussiH, I really appreciate your help. Will future revisions have flow control disabled or will I have to compile with USART_HardwareFlowControl_None, 0, 0);?

Tonight I will start with the static calibrations. I hope to start my tests with a small quad and meanwhile prepare a clone of my octo 1000 so the AQ could have a nice "body"

Its not related with this topic, but I need to decide which protocol I will use for the receiver. I use a frsky module, and have ordered some receivers with ppmsum support, but I´m not sure of the real actual state for the ppm implementation. Do you recommend me to try using PPM or should I order a PWM-SMBUS converter?
apejovic

Postby Max » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:12 am

Glad you got it connected! Wonder why it worked fine for me with default flow control in the code? Strange.

Regarding the radio, do not use the Futaba SBE-1 sbus converter. See: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=951

FrSky PPM works well (I have a D8R-XP), but you have to make a minor change to the current PPM code and be careful adjusting the end points in your Tx. See my post here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=431&start=90#p5003 If you only use 6 channels then you might be able to get away with the current published code w/out any changes, but you should test very carefully on the ground. Read the red warning at the bottom of http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/autoquad- ... nnections/, if you haven't yet.

-Max
Max

Postby apejovic » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:38 pm

Max. it´s nice to know you are using the D8R-XP as that´s the one I have ordered (actually I use some D8R-II Plus with no PPM for my other boards).

I do know about the problems regarding frsky ppm and +8 channels. My x9 has only one 3 position switch so I hope that with the future Fw versions that are suppose to come with the possibility to personalize the switches I could get it workig with 7 channels, 2x 2 position switchs and 1 x 3 position switch.

Yesterday I did the first static calibration, got some nice curves appart of a jump at 200.000 cicles I suppose it was caused by a microcut. Today I will do more calibrations, I hope to get some nice curves and continue with the setup.

Will keep you informed.
apejovic

Postby JussiH » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:47 pm

JussiH

Postby chris24g » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:12 pm

glad you got it working. but your RX TX lines were reversed (looking at the picture)
chris24g

Next

Return to AQ Software