AQ not work after flashing with STM32 ST-LINK

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

AQ not work after flashing with STM32 ST-LINK

Postby s_sergiu » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:05 am

Hi,

Just wanted to speed up the flashing process while testing some small custom programs, so I soldered wires in J6 connector and connected to STM32 ST-LINK programmer (the CN2-SWD connector in STM32F407 Discovery board). For flashing, I used STM32 ST-LINK Utility. I made some small programs for toggling LED's and reading sensors. I used mikroBasic PRO for ARM :) . Everything was OK. But when I downloaded back the aq6.6.hex, only the power LED is on :?: . I even loaded the 6.5 and 6.6hex the normal way trough QGC and FTDI interface but after downloading finishes and manual reset, nothing happens :oops: . Then again, I loaded my custom program hex file, this time using QGC and LED's are blinking and some sensors (adc,press,etc) outputs I can see them in one terminal emulator as it should be, so AQ PCB hardware looks OK (all voltages on PCB are OK - my quad was just sitting on the table while doing all of this) :? .
It is possible that some option bites are not properly set anymore after using ST-Link?

Regards,
Sergiu
s_sergiu

Re: AQ not work after flashing with STM32 ST-LINK

Postby bn999 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:17 pm

What you have done sounds legitimate and should work. The only thing I can think of is that the previously flashed parameter space is corrupt. If you have an option to completely erase the STM32 before flashing the firmware, try it.
bn999

Postby s_sergiu » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:45 pm

Hi Bill,

I already did full erase and blank check several times but without any result. However looks like I solved
the problem :D by enabling the Watchdog option (software independent watchdog / hardware independent watchdog ) in "Option bites" menu :o . It is the watchdog used in program?

Regards,
Sergiu
s_sergiu

Postby bn999 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:21 pm

No, the watchdog is not used. I find the watchdog to be very annoying to deal with during development.
bn999

Return to AQ Firmware