[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Firmware Version

Firmware Version

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Firmware Version

Postby Pinne » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:37 am

Hi,

I have some question about firmware, flashing, hud, calibration procedure.

1.How can i readout the version of the actual install firmware on the AQ6 flightcontroller?
2.If i upgrading von firmeware of the AQ6 , will be reseting the user-parameters which i setting during the
calibration procudure for instance?
3.Can i mix static calibration file which made with the firmware 6.5 and dynamic calibration file which made with
the firmware version 6.6 ? Are the log-files compatible?
4. In this post
chris24g report an bug in the HUD display.
It seems that i also have this error. I using the the actual firmware 6.6 and the groundcontrol 1.0.1 alpha RC18.
Is the bug still existing or use i the wrong version of the groundcontrol program?
5. At the moment i do not execute the calibration procedure and the adjustments of the corresponding values.
if i install the AQ6 horizontal and vertical on my desk the HUD display in the groundcontrol show allways an
non-vertical and non-horizontal alignment. Are these variations of an non-calibrated-imu normal?

Chris
Pinne

Re: Firmware Version

Postby jabram » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:49 am

Chris,

I can only answer one of your questions,

chris24g as I recall posted after doing all the calibrations and said his HUD was then nice and level, I have not done the Calypso yet, so my HUD is not level either, I am waiting for rain so I can do Calypso and Sing in the rain all at the same time :-) just kidding my last few frame parts arrived today, I will soon be doing that dance.

Joe
jabram

Postby joebar.rc » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:25 am

joebar.rc

Postby Pinne » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:59 am

Hi,

thanks for your replies.
In the meantime i do an "ulta-quick-calibration" procedure (abort after 10 loops) an upload the
parameters to the aq6.
The HUD in the qgc shows exactly the real attitude of the aq6 on my desk, Menno you are right :-).
The twisted visualisation of horizontal attitude still existing after uploading the parameters, but Menno says it's only "cosmetic" and so there is no problem for attitude-control of the copter.
After do the initial setup with the default PID's and the values of "ulta-quick-calibration" procedure i try to fly a little bit.
The hovering is very stable , no drifts and wooblings.
At the moment i wait for the results of the "full" calculation procuedure (not aborting after 10 loops).
Next i will try the position/altitude hold feature, but there is the "flip" problem (drastic increasing the throttle). topic hover point in the middle.
One question to the hoverpoint.

What is essential for reducing the drastic increasing of the throttle when i turn on the hold-modus.

1. the throttle stick position? (i can fix it by the parameter "factor throttle" default 0.7)
log_radio_channel0 shows this value
2. the motor-throttle value? (i can fix it by props,weight,lipos)
log_motor_throttle shows this value

In the moment my copter is a little bit overpowered and so the increasing of the throttle very drastic.
Here are my configuration: Aq6 firmware 6.6
ESC32 firmware 1.4.1
quad in plus configuration
motors MK3638
props apc 13x3.8
lipo 3300 mha
standard mk frame
weight ca. 1300gr.

Chris
Pinne

Postby joebar.rc » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:44 am