[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Angular limiter in manual flight

Angular limiter in manual flight

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Angular limiter in manual flight

Postby mgreep » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:01 am

Howdy,

Been following the thread and the development for a long time now. A friend of mine bought the AutoQuad set and already gave up (duh) and I took the bate yeah!

Ok, already done the calibrations and dance and brought the thing in the air. So far very good.
But I watched Menno's pid tuning guide yesterday and that brought up a question:

How to set the angular limits in roll and pitch?
I can't seem to find a parameter that controls them in manual flight, in navigation it seems that the PM and all those others controls the angle but in manual flight I don't get it.
It seems that the maximum now is around 45 degrees and although I don't want to do rolls or flips I would like to control that angle.
I can read code and I see a lot of constrains in the roll/tilt controls but somehow I can't find an angular limiter.

Anyone ? bueller ? anyone ? :)

Ce ya,

Mike
mgreep

Re: Angular limiter in manual flight

Postby bn999 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:05 pm

bn999

Postby mgreep » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:06 am

mgreep

Postby bn999 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:03 pm

It would be interesting to see how much speed you can get out of AQ. I've not specifically tried, but I have seen ~18Km/h while manually flying around with the default settings on a 1Kg quad.

Record a log during flights and you can get velocity info afterwards.
bn999

Postby bn999 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:09 pm

I meant to say 18m/s, which is more like 65Km/h
bn999

Return to AQ Firmware