[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Acro mode! And more...

Acro mode! And more...

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Re: Acro mode! And more...

Postby Max » Wed May 04, 2016 11:11 pm

Hi Tobi,

Altitude is part of the recorded waypoints, so it should be at least trying to achieve the set altitudes. Make sure your throttle stick is within the center deadband while flying missions.

Does the 'copter hold altitude OK otherwise (when flying horizontally)? Or when RTH, does it return to correct altitude? A recorded waypoint is essentially the same as a recorded home position.

It is also helpful to wait for a good GPS fix (0.8 H-acc or better) before recording waypoints. At 0.8 H-acc AQ switches between two altitude estimators, which doesn't work very well. You can also change this setting in the Navigation QGC tab (Max. Valid GPS Accuracy -- read the tooltip for some more details).

HTH,
-Max
Max

Postby Cookiemonsta » Thu May 05, 2016 7:17 am

Hi Max,
I had the throttle stick centered. I tried it several times but it didn't do anything but hold its current altitude. There were wps in between with 20+ m in height difference that should have been enough too make the aq rise or fall but it simply waited on the same spot when the wp was above or beneath it. I tried RTH too and it rised/descended to the correct altitude then.

As my GPS receiption wasn't very good the last times (~1m) I set it to the 1.3m estimator.

Will try again at the weekend with 0.8m estimator.

Cheers,
Tobi

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk
Cookiemonsta

Postby kinderkram » Sun May 08, 2016 10:14 pm

I saw the first AQ 7 Racer in the wild:

AQ7-Racer.jpg
AQ7-Racer.jpg (242.16 KiB) Viewed 21014 times

Greetings from Ostheim, Germany! :D
kinderkram

Postby funkjan » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:04 pm

Hi Max - thx for your great work - even if I repeat what others already have said like many others I missed the opportunity of a rate mode vey much - let us (me) know here, when you got your kind of donation/sponsoring site ready!! - will be my pleasure :)

Jan
funkjan

possible bug....

Postby whizz101 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:49 am

I came across a problem whilst testing a new AQ6 board with DIMU using FW1923.

I had done several flights with no problem. On this flight i was testing the return to home and mission flights. The return to home worked great.Then i moved on to mission flight. I recorded one waypoint with the "record waypoint" channel in flight,and then moved the copter a couple of meters away and engaged mission flight. The copter did as she was suppost and returned to the waypoint. However as she rose to arrive at the waypoint hieght, all the motors cut out!! Obviously she fell out of the sky into a fair mess.

firmware 1923.png

From the graph above you can clearly see that the motors are shut down whilst the throttle stick is not moved.

The complete log can be found here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gujiqb7zw85ao ... e.LOG?dl=0

Has anyone else being using mission mode with FW1923?

Perhaps i have done something stupid, but i can't see what. It seems to me like a bug!

Tristan
whizz101

r7.1.1923 . feature_integration branch - building with CW

Postby afernan » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:51 am

afernan

Postby afernan » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:47 pm

Great success in testing all this stuff.

I hadn´t time enough up to know to test with the respect any Max work deserve. In summary all worked perfect at first shot. In detail:

Real flight: using my small test model (Q6-M4V2- KISS Quatos, 400g, 8x4.5 props, 1300mA, see image below. In particular rate mode it´s great! (default params). Really a nice add!. All the rest working better than ever. Used this fw "aqfc-mp-v7.1.1923-hwv8.6-quatos-hils.bin"

HIL: all worked well also. Using my laptop (HP Spectre i7, serie 6) works veeeery smooth. Since CPU remained quite low, I added QGC in parallel and a CPU level window (see image attached): CPU levels were 36% average, running super smooth.
Tip.: to be able to connect BT with QGC using M4-N4 , in parallel with HIL, you need the battery on on the MAV (so remove props only in case).

HIL is a key tool for developing safely and quick...and also for fun.

Max you can count on me to setup the place, docs, etc you commented.

Thanks Max for this fine work.
Angel

UPDATE. Well: today I´ve tested exactly same setup than yesterday and now I get Toilet Bowling! (not seen yesterday). I can´t remember any significant difference that made yesterday to work perfect!
Attachments
Q6-M4 small.jpg
1.JPG
afernan

Postby Patscherpofel » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:00 pm

great progress, thanks Max for you great work!

one question,the s-port implementation is not working yet is it?
Patscherpofel

Toilet Bowl issue -some ideas

Postby afernan » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:43 pm

I´ve been testing several things to reduce this anoying issue (that happens in some computers and not in others).

In my fastest computer (laptop i7, 6th gen) I have TB with default params, but i get a quite good behaviour changing this:
-r 200
-rs 800
And reducing a bit Navigation params: speed P = 4.5 (was 5.5), speed I =0.004 (was 0.005) and Dist-P = 0.45 (was 0.55)

Discussion on this moved to:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4831&p=37094#p37094
afernan

Postby Max » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:56 pm

Max

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Firmware