[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Building with GCC - success!

Building with GCC - success!

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Building with GCC - success!

Postby wangyeee » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:02 pm

Attachments
aq_gcc_39f4461_v6.1-dimu1.1.zip
Firmware for AQ6 with DIMUv1.1
(244.34 KiB) Downloaded 981 times
aq_gcc_39f4461_v6.1-aimu.zip
Firmware for AQ6 with AIMU
(235.02 KiB) Downloaded 1026 times
aq_gcc_39f4461_m4v2.zip
Firmware for AQM4v2
(164.55 KiB) Downloaded 1067 times
Last edited by wangyeee on Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wangyeee

Re: Building with GCC - success!

Postby chschmid » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:33 pm

Wow, it seems you really understand what you are doing.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby Max » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:04 am

Hi Ye,

This is great info and work, really appreciated. It has been on my list to test with GCC further -- I went down a path similar to yours but other projects took precedence. I'd like to get away from the CW requirement, which I personally don't use (except the build chain, of course).

There is another fork which does something similar, are you aware of it? https://github.com/multigcs/quadfork

Unfortunately neither Git repo shows the actual changes made, so it is very hard to track, especially with the different folder structures. Is there any way you'd consider doing a proper fork of either or my and then applying your changes to that? The latter already has re-organized folder structure and many other additions. This way I could integrate your changes into the working version, instead of having a whole different code base to maintain for GCC. I'd also prefer to keep the option of building with either CW or pure GCC tool chains.

Thanks again for taking the time and letting us know, good stuff.

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby wangyeee » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:58 pm

wangyeee

Postby Max » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:20 pm

Thanks, I'll try this out!

Did you use the latest release of GCC ARM (2015 q4)?

-Max
Max

Postby wangyeee » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:48 am

wangyeee

Postby wangyeee » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:01 am

wangyeee

Postby Max » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:02 pm

Thanks Ye, good to know. I haven't forgotten about this at all, just too many projects right now and too little time. A pure-GCC build option is definitely attractive and I think will help the project in general.

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby Max » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:20 am

Ye, if you felt like working on this some more for integration, what I'd like to see is all the current build options and features preserved for the GCC build.

I think the best way to go would be to create 3 makefiles -- one main Makefile for all the common options and build steps/targets, and then one each specifically for CW and GCC builds which get included in the main one as needed. The latter should only do things which are compiler-specific. The build type (CW/GCC) could perhaps be specified on the Make command-line (with default being CW for now).

A lot of the current build system options/features are used for automated builds and across multiple project files, so they need to stay and be centrally editable (not needing to modify stuff in two places). Being able to include user-defined settings from an external makefile is essential. Auto-incrementing the build number and labeling the bin files with the right version are important, and things like the elf size report are invaluable during development.

Anyway, those would be my next steps once I got time. If you're up for doing some/all of it, that would be great. I'm open to other ideas as well, but the end result must require the least amount of maintenance possible... ;)

Thanks,
-Max
Max

Postby wangyeee » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:39 am

Max, I like the idea of one makefile with common options. I'll take a look at the two makefiles and find out everything common between them.

Regards,
Ye
wangyeee

Next

Return to AQ Firmware