Adding in Menno's Hott code to future releases?

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Adding in Menno's Hott code to future releases?

Postby Mullet » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:40 am

Just curious if Menno's HOTT firmware is integrated into current or going to be integrated into future releases?

More specifically, I did a build several months back with KISS ESCs and Quatos on a 180mm Racer. In the end, I thought I had a very capable and enjoyable quad. Some of the features that were helpful, were the choice for ESC, the ESC calibration, and the 100uS interval thrust testing feature. I'm sure others would agree that KISS (and probably other ESCs) and Quatos works well.

Just some food for thought.
Mullet

Re: Adding in Menno's Hott code to future releases?

Postby Max » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:06 am

That's all in my latest builds, except the pwm stepping function for thrust measurement, and the actual HoTT telemetry functions. You can select ESC type, calibrate standards PWM ESCs, and use Quatos with any ESC type. Quatos can be enabled/disabled with a parameter, no need for separate builds now. This has all been pretty well tested and flown by at least several people that I know of (and extensively by me).

http://github.com/mpaperno/aq_flight_co ... CHANGES.md

And the very latest is of course described here, which also includes all of the above: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4790

-Max
Max

Re: Adding in Menno's Hott code to future releases?

Postby whizz101 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:02 pm

I was also wondering the same. One of the features from Menno's code that has been missed is the the horizontal distance limiter.Works the same as vertical limiter. It would be great to have this and to have it in the ground-station, configurable like the height limiter! It is also required by law to fly commercially in France.
Currently in Menno's code, if you pass the set limit you get restrcted controls, reducing you to very slow speeds, but it would be great to have a couple of choices. The french authorities have excepted Menno's system, but they would prefer that once you pass the set distance that an automated return to home is initiated. (personaly i think menno's is perfect.)
I can't offer much help with coding, but am more than happy to help with testing....
whizz101

Return to AQ Firmware