[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - When is acro mode coming?

When is acro mode coming?

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Re: When is acro mode coming?

Postby brat002 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:37 am

I found Raceflight port for M4 board with acro possibilities:
https://github.com/MJ666/raceflight/tree/AQ_M4
Someone tried this firmware?
brat002

Postby Mullet » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:00 am

Mullet

Acro mode with heading-free while doing flips/rolls?

Postby Max » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:26 pm

So... I made "heading free" work in any flight mode (manual or nav). Which is great, but does present one problem -- doing flips with heading-free active doesn't work (most of the time). It can really screw you up in some cases, changing direction of the roll in mid-flip or even preventing completion of the flip entirely until yaw is moved. Definitely not good.

I'm not sure what to do about it... don't allow HF in rate mode at all, or what. There's probably a mathematical solution to the problem (some vector/quaternion magic), but I haven't cracked it yet. Open to suggestions!

I see in MWii/Cleanflight code they don't seem to prevent that... you can be in rate mode and HF at the same time and royally screw yourself in a flip, as far as I can tell. Can that be right?

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby Cookiemonsta » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:47 pm

I wouldn't wanna use HF in rate mode at all...HF only makes sense if you don't have to bother about your attitude.... which is in manual (angle) pretty darn stable.

Cheers,
Tobi

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk
Cookiemonsta

Postby Alveran » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:06 am

Im with Cookiemonsta... for a pure Acro Flighmode, i don't need HF at all, i test it once with a very old Baseflight version and i nearly crasht the Copter couse i was confused.
I come form Helicopter and for me the front is always the nose :)

Now im Flying the KISS FC and this only got Acro and Level, fine for me and all i need for a Acro / FPV FC.

For GPS Flight on the other hand, it can be useful, special for the new Pilots, or once you don't see the Copter not clearly (to fare away)

I also find it useful to place some white LED's to the front, if i lost the attitude of the copter, for a LoS Copter.

Anyway, if the AQ can handel Acro and Level/GPS flight in one and the ACC Sensor don't lose the attitude for Level flight it will be my #1 couse for my upcoming FPV Case Copter.
Alveran

Postby Max » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:49 pm

Thanks guys, sounds reasonable to me. No HF in acro mode, at least for now.

Acro mode is coming up and it works great! There are two new flight modes, more tuning possibilities, and a few other useful options and improvements. I should have a test version up soon. Thanks for your patience! :)

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby Max » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:07 am

Ta-da! viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4821

Scott, I expect some reports! ;)

-Max
Max

Postby nigelUNO » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:18 pm

From the other ACRO thread:

"Hi Max,
today I've made about 10 flight on new fw 1919.

Everything was fine (the flight behavior was much better than previous fw versions) but:

- The buzzer do not works anymore (I set port 2 on GCS as the BUZEER port but it does not works - GCS B3 and fw 1919. Reloading old fw 1852 all is fine with BUZZER).

- During AUTO mission, the -1° on wp's YAW parameter doesn't make the copter turn toward the next waypoint.
The mission was composed by a takeoff, 3 wps and a land. All the missions was executed fine but the copter during the wp transitions pointed in the same direction of the takeoff."

Luca
nigelUNO

Previous

Return to AQ Firmware