[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - When is acro mode coming?

When is acro mode coming?

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Re: When is acro mode coming?

Postby Max » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:43 am

Max

Postby bn999 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:54 pm

That goes back many years to probably around AQ2. I've tuned and flown both ways, but I ended up liking type 0 better, so I never went back.

PIDs will almost certainly have problems around the poles due to the singularities. Quatos was made for this sort of thing and can perform properly at any angle.
bn999

Postby brat002 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:59 pm

Quatos is good, but many controllers fly perfectly with PID controller. One additional point - quatos is not free and requires lot of work for properly setup.
brat002

Postby Max » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:15 am

Max

Postby Max » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:21 am

Acro/rate mode seems to work very well with PIDs, I'm happy to report, just not the same PIDs as our current angle mode works well with.

The simple answer might be to have separate D/F terms that are used only in angle mode (the current ones), and a separate set of tilt rate P/I/D/F(?) for rate mode. From what I see so far, rate-only mode likes a high P, low or zero I, and a much lower D than angle mode. In angle mode this translates to very sluggish/unusable controls (at least with CTRL_PID_TYPE = 0).

I'm not sure if the P/I/D/O Maximum values would need to change between modes, so far I'm not seeing a need for that.

The good news is that there are only half the PID settings to tune for rate-only mode vs. angle mode. :D

-Max
Max

Postby Patscherpofel » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:08 pm

Patscherpofel

Postby bn999 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:47 pm

bn999

Postby LPR » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:24 pm

LPR

Postby Patscherpofel » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:56 pm

hmm, I have been allways using lots of expo but this is not really my problem
I rather want a more linear control of the speed in gps mode, with no overshooting of attitude
...hard to discribe this...but ideal would be the exact same flight charachertiscs on each mode...only difference the one fights the wind with gps and the other doesnt
but I will try different expos for each flight mode , maybe it works better then I think
Patscherpofel

Postby Max » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:40 pm

Max

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Firmware