[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - RC-adjustable parameters firmware update

RC-adjustable parameters firmware update

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

RC-adjustable parameters firmware update

Postby Max » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:15 am

Attachments
adjustable-params.png
adjustable-params.png (15.11 KiB) Viewed 34012 times
Max

Re: RC-adjustable parameters firmware update

Postby Simson » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:15 am

Thanks a lot for your efforts to get new functions implemented.
Actually I would like to test a new firmware, but for my quad equipped with M4V2 Board, external KISS ESC's and PID Control it is not possible to download with the Autoquad Firmware Selection wizard and this special firmware is also not accessible on your FTP site.
Are you planning to create and copy those firmware versions to your FTP Site?
Since last year February I'm using this firmware on my quad:

aqv7.1.1852-hwv8.6-ext_esc PID

Kind regards, Harry
Simson

Postby Max » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:47 am

Hi Harry, thanks for your interest.

You can use "board-8.6-quatos" firmware for your M4v2: ftp://ftp.autoquad.org/3/334693_22529/a ... .6-quatos/

Quatos is disabled by default if you do not have a license key, or you may disable it manually in settings (in other words, you can use either Quatos or PID controller with the same firmware). You can also use external ESCs with this version, a separate version is no longer required. Please check the for other updates since build 1852. QGC 1.7 includes setup UI for all the new features.

The firmware wizard doesn't list these new releases for now, which is why I added a note at the top that page. With only one firmware per AQ board version, the need for the "wizard" might have passed altogether, but we'll see.

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby funth1ngs » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:43 pm

Hi Max,

thank you for the new PID tuning feature!

Unfortunately there is a problem with my M4:
I flashed the aqfc-mp-v7.1.1891-hwv8.6-quatos.bin, but i doesn't boot up. The Red LED is solid and the M4 is not recognized as a serial device anymore. The same happens with self compiled config_rebase branch.

If I go back to an older version, everything works fine.

Cheers,
Heiko
funth1ngs

Postby Simson » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:34 pm

Hi Max,

thanks a lot for the very helpful information regarding the different firmware versions.
I've read the release notes and now everything what you wrote make sense to me.
Thanks one's again!
Regards, Harry
Simson

Postby Max » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:30 pm

Max

Postby Max » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:37 pm

PS. Heiko, another helpful troubleshooting method would be to try new firmware versions incrementally, starting with the one that works and then applying each build from the "next" branch incrementally: ftp://ftp.autoquad.org/3/334693_22529/a ... .6-quatos/ This could help narrow down the version which is causing the issue.

-Max
Max

Postby funth1ngs » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:47 pm

Hi Max,

Yes, it's a M4V2 =) I updated from "M4 - 7.1.1871-MP-EXPR", please see the attached PARAMS file.

Then I went back to aqfc-mp-v7.1.1887-hwv8.6-quatos from the FTP which worked. After that i flashed aqfc-mp-v7.1.1891-hwv8.6-quatos.bin again with no luck. I flashed all files via USB.

I also hooked up a USB connector to the second serial port the see if there is some output, but nothing showed up.

In short, the newest next is OK, the config_rebase branch not.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Heiko
Attachments
M4 - 7.1.1871-MP-EXPR.txt
(12.35 KiB) Downloaded 1470 times
funth1ngs

Postby Max » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:16 pm

Thanks Heiko, that's good info, should help chase down the issue. Meanwhile one thing you could try is resetting your params to defaults on a version that works (and save that to flash), then updating to 1891. If that works then try restoring your old params from the saved file.

I did notice that in your params you have COMM2 assigned with a protocol and baud rate... which will conflict with the motor output ports you're using (7 & 8). However, the COMM2 feature was introduced in , so if that was causing the crash then theoretically 1887 shouldn't work either. But either way, you'll want to change that setting to "none" (0) protocol.

-Max
Max

Postby Max » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:52 pm

Heiko, I could not recreate the problem here by using your params and following the same fw. update steps (version to version) on my M4v2. It is possible the difference lies in what hardware is connected to your M4 (if any). Though I can't think of anything offhand which should prevent it from at least booting. I also tried it on a working M4 r5 setup with external KISS ESCs on ports 5-8, and didn't have any problems. Not sure what to make of all that.

I did find a bug which may affect some Quatos users (will patch shortly), but it doesn't relate to this at all.

Let's see what the next day brings. :)

Thanks,
-Max
Max

Next

Return to AQ Firmware