[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - After a successful firmware upload, the board doesn't reboot

After a successful firmware upload, the board doesn't reboot

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

After a successful firmware upload, the board doesn't reboot

Postby Mlozano » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:29 pm

Hi,

I have a new AQ board and I can succesfully upload the firmware (aqv7.0.r442.b1848-hwv6.1-dimu1.1.hex) with the QGC (v1.6.3) but after pressing the resert button and waiting for few minutes, the board does not reboot (the power led is in solid red and the rest of the leds are off, see picture). I have tried with the lastest version (aqv7.1.1852-hwv6-dimu1.1.hex) with the same result. I have followed exhaustively the wiki steps.

What can I do?

Manuel,
Attachments
DSC_0100.JPG
Mlozano

Re: After a successful firmware upload, the board doesn't re

Postby kinderkram » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:20 pm

Hi Mamuel,

have you tried to boot with the DIMU plugged in?
And have you also tried to flash a Non-DIMU firmware without having the DIMU attached?

Norbert
kinderkram

Postby Mlozano » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:12 pm

Hi Norbert,

With Non-DIMU firmware (aqv7.1.1852-hwv6.1), and with or without DIMU attached, the AQ board reboot without problems. With the non-dimu firmware, I have transmited the DIMU parameter file for instant use to the flash memory and after I have tried to load the DIMU firmware but the problem still there. What can I do to use the DIMU board with a DIMU firmware?

By the way, the DIMU socket is very bad solder (see image). May be this is not a problem if the connections are ok and the position of the board is leveled.

thanks,

Manuel
Attachments
IMG_2427.JPG
Mlozano

Postby Max » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:27 am

It is probably a bad solder joint on the expansion header. We've seen this a couple of times before. Which wouldn't be surprising in this case, given how it looks (yikes!). I'd ask for a fix from the vendor, or do it yourself if you feel confident.

-Max
Max

Postby Mlozano » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:02 pm

In order to discard other possibilities before I contact the vendor, is the procedure descrived in my the last message correct?
Is there another way to do it?

Thanks,

Manuel
Mlozano

Postby Max » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:17 pm

Hi Manuel, I'm not sure which procedure you mean, but I didn't see anything you described which was wrong. The fact that it boots when DIMU is connected with AIMU fw but not DIMU fw pretty much confirms a connection or DIMU problem. Given the state of that connector, that seems the most likely culprit. You'll want that fixed anyway.

-Max
Max

Postby Mlozano » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:49 pm

Thanks Max and Norbert!!!
Mlozano

Return to AQ Firmware