[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - HEX File

HEX File

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Re: HEX File

Postby sandmen » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:43 am

sandmen

Postby kinderkram » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:58 am

kinderkram

Postby afernan » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:10 am

@Wingspinner:
Thanks a lot. Following your recomendation, I´ve tryed with another hex (aqv6.6.hex) and then worked fine, so I thought the previous hex file was corrupt.
But, I´ve tryed again with the "bad" hex file (aqv6.5.hex) and, ...surprise, now worked fine. I don´t know what happened.

Anyway it´s solved now. Thanks

Angel
afernan

Postby afernan » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:21 am

I guess I´ve already flashed correctly (acv6.5, standard Mavlink version), since the message says:

"Wrote and verified address 0x080190cc (100.00%)
Done.
Resetting device...
done."

Now, I´ve reseted and connected (at 115200 N81, flow control off) and it´s shown "Link serial port COM6 is connected ".
But looks not to be connected: edit-PID page is empty, HUD static, etc do I need to do anything else to connect?

Other questions:
- "mavlink serial interface display" (where is that page?)
- How to load the log files?. Should I see the card as a driver in my computer? (I don´t see it)
- The green led is quick flassing (5Hz) so car loging initiated. How to stop-initiate?
Thanks for your help
Angel
afernan

Postby kinderkram » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:54 pm

Hi Angel,
it's always a good idea to unplug the USB and restart QGC.

You'll find the settings after you clicked on "Connect Link" in the upper right corner.

The card will not be displayed as a device in your PC.
Unplug the card if you want to stop writing log files.
kinderkram

Postby afernan » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:22 pm

Hi Kinderkram, thanks for your help.
I´ve tried all your recomendatiions several times and can´t still connect. In fact in the Comunications Console I see "Link serial port COM8 is connected ", but nothing works later. In fact If I unplug the FDTI cable from AQ, I can still connect and get same message. So it looks that simply connect to the cable alone.

When I click on "connect link" the page "settings for serial port" is shown and always show a deffault of 57600baud instead of 115200 (as say the wiki). I always need to change it by hand. Could be the problem something related with this baud?. I use the same FDTI cable that with Xbee in Arducopter at 57600, but I think the cable can´t be configured for baud. Isn´t it?
Thanks again
Angel
afernan

Postby kinderkram » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:00 pm

Which cable exactly do you use?
If you use the one we recommended in our Wiki it should work without a hassle.
No matter what - 115200 is needed. Check your device manager after pluggin the cable in.
You should see a "serial USB" devive under "COM Ports".
kinderkram

Postby afernan » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:00 pm

I´m using a TTL-232R-3v3 cable.
In attached file you can see that COM port is recognised for both QGC and in device manager.
In fact I´ve flashed succesfully the firmware AQv6.5.hex with that same cable from the QGC.
(Note that the baudrate 115200 shown in picture has been put by hand. Every time I click "connect" the deffault that appair is 57600, don´t know if it´s relevant).
Angel
Attachments
port com.jpg
port com.jpg (83.29 KiB) Viewed 10375 times
afernan

Postby kinderkram » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:56 pm

Yah, it's relevant to connect with 115200. You could change it in the code but that doesn't make much sense.

Please download the QGC and both hex files (6.5 & 6.6) and test again.
We've recently uploaded new versions.
kinderkram

Postby GoFaster » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:39 am

I'm going to piggyback onto this thread as I seem to be having similar difficulties or misunderstanding of how things are supposed to work.

I've flashed 6.5 to the board successfully then removed J4 and rebooted the board.
From QGC, I connect to the board at 115200 baud. Nothing shows up in the serial monitor, the PID fields are blank. Even though the board has not been calibrated yet, would there be default PID values? Also nothing in the HUD is active but there are big green jagged areas and lines that are randomly flashing about.

In addition, I looked at the uSD card on the PC and there are no files on it. Shouldn't there be log files? Does the board have to be powered down in a certain way in order to properly close any open file while it's logging?

Tried 6.6 with the same results.

PC is Windows 7 32bit, Sparkfun 3.3v FTDI (J3 is not jumpered). QGC 1.0.1 AlphaRC18. Board is powered via 2S LiPo. In 'flash' mode, the red LED is on solid. In normal mode, the red LED is on solid, the green LED is blinking regularly, the debug LED is very dimly flashing and the blue GPS LED blinks intermittently. I do not have the GPS antenna connected at this point.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks.

- Felix
GoFaster

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Firmware