[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - HEX File

HEX File

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Re: HEX File

Postby joebar.rc » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:31 am

joebar.rc

Postby afernan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:55 am

@Gofaster: happy to see I´m not alone in this problem. I think we have exactly the same problem to connect.
I use W7 64bits (the only difference with you) but I think this is not relevant.

I´ve downloaded again last HEX files and QGC. Still the same problem. But I can get log files and also I can flash new firmware correctly (so, it looks that cable works, in some manner).

I need to try Joebar´s suggestion of removing DTR pin in FTDI board. I guess the DTR pin is pin #6 Isn´t it? (pin#1 is ground- black, and has this small triangle mark on the connector).

Angel
Attachments
FTDI.jpg
afernan

Postby sandmen » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:22 am

sandmen

Postby afernan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:10 pm

In summary:
Using the cable that wiki recomends (FTDI – TTL-232R-3V3 – CABLE) we should remove the connections in the AQ board of RTS/CTS (pin#2 and pin#3). So It should be connercted only what shown in the attached figure. Is that OK?
Angel

FTDI pin info:

PIN func Colour
1 GND Black
2 CTS Brown
3 VCC Red
4 Tx Orange
5 Rx Yellow
6 RTS Green
Attachments
FTDI connecxion to AQ board.jpg
afernan

Postby sandmen » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:33 pm

yes, that's ok.
But don't choose the FlowControl in qgc with this configuration.
sandmen

Postby kinderkram » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:06 pm

Why don't you use the cable as-is and activate flow control?

That's how I'm doing and it works for me without bending pins, resolder anything etc.
kinderkram

Postby GoFaster » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:26 pm

Hey all, thanks for the suggestions. I am making progress and learning along the way.

Got QGC to connect to the board. HUD is active and PID fields are populated with default values. Serial console has acitivty:
Works with flow control disabled when only TX,RX and GND is connected.
Works with flow control disabled only when TX,RX,GND, CTS and RTS is connected.

Logging only works if the FTDI adapter is NOT connected - green LED flashing at 5Hz otherwise it flashes at ~1Hz when FTDI is connected. I am using the PNY Class10 card as suggested in the wiki.
Last edited by GoFaster on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
GoFaster

Postby afernan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:25 pm

Comunications working also here!.

I´ve simply activated "flow control" and comunications came alive (Used same standard FTDI cable without removing any pin)
There´s something to writte in the wiki for others AQ newbies like me that could get same problem (if they follow present wiki)
I´m also writting my experiences from the first day with AQ and the wiki pages (in general quite good, but still some details to improve). I´ll do a post with all my sugestions to improve the wiki.

Thanks all for your help
Angel
afernan

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:06 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby kinderkram » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:32 pm

Yeah! Thx for all your hard work. 8-)

Any shared experience will help other followers - and us, too!
So we can update the Wiki accordingly and fill the blanks thanks to your tinkering.
kinderkram

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Firmware