[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Code and dev environment

Code and dev environment

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Re: Code and dev environment

Postby jabram » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:17 pm

Hi Roberto,

Thank you for your work, it took me a while to figure out your instructions, here is my layman's version for anyone who is interested

Download all the 8 .rar files

IMPORTANT: You MUST use winrar to unpack the .rar files all at once and NOT individually
I used WinRAR from http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm (free download)

In drive C:\
create a new folder, rename it Levoro - because it will make things easier as that is what Roberto used
C:\Levoro

Highlight ALL the 8 .rar files by clicking on the top file holding down shift key and clicking on the bottom file

Right click on the highlighted files and move your cursor to the C:\Levoro folder
Release the right mouse button
select Extract to Lavoro\vr-universal-ide\

all 8 rar files will be unpacked correctly into all the correct folders.

if you unpack the 8 .rar folders one at a time it will not work

navigate to the eclipse folder, see directory image below

and double click on eclipse.exe

eclipse will start and ask you to select a workspace
use the Browse button to Navigate to C:\Lavoro\vr-universal-ide\vr-universal-ide\workspaces\UF4_AP
then click OK

Once eclipse is running
Close the welcome screen
In Project Explorer
expand autoquad
expand firmware
expand onboard

It looks like this

If you need any more step by step instructions then maybe you shouldn't be tinkering with this :lol:

Goodbye Crossworks

By the way I installed it on Windows 7 x64 and it seems to work, have only tried clean and rebuild project which completed successfully, enjoy.

Thanks Roberto :mrgreen:
jabram

Postby kinderkram » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:35 am

Thanks for your instructions, Joe!
Can I use your screenshots and text to submit it to the Wiki?
Only the last step is missing: how to compile a hex file from the source code?

btw: when you're using 7zip (freeware) you only need to mark the first (main) rar file and it will extract all 8 rars at once.
http://www.7-zip.org

Seems to work fine for me on Win7/64, too.
kinderkram

Postby jabram » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:35 am

Last edited by jabram on Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jabram

Postby kinderkram » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:44 am

Successfully compiled the version that came with Roberto's files without error messages but some warnings.
I get a laserlab_MP32V1F4.hex in the "workspaces -> UF4_AP-> autoquad -> build" folder which I could flash onto the board .
The board doesn't boot afterwards...
Also tried another onboard folder with the same results. Will do some more testing later...
kinderkram

Postby jabram » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:17 pm

Tried 7-zip, you are right only have to drag the first file across and it finds the rest.

I had the same warnings, I did not try to flash,
I did install eclipse indigo and SDK then imported Robertos AutoQuad project.
now I have to figure out how to set the PATH to the makefile.

**** Build of configuration Default for project autoquad ****

make all

Cannot run program "make": Launching failed
Error: Program "make" is not found in PATH

PATH=[..\..\..\cygwin\bin;..\..\..\toolchain\launchpad\bin]

**** Build Finished ****

some links

I found I had to FIRST install the SDK otherwise Eclipse indigo would not start

Where is our friend Roberto when we need him :?: :)
jabram

Postby redfox74 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:00 pm

redfox74

Postby redfox74 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:05 am

redfox74

Postby kinderkram » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:00 pm

Hi Roberto,
thx for your work!

btw: It doesn't matter where you unpack the files as long as you use the correct path for the workspace.

An "own" version for the AQ6 would be great! Stripped to the minimum without unnecessary code parts - and an aq6.hex file as a result. If changes occur we only need to replace that particular part of your compilation.
An installer wouldn't be needed i.m.o.

P.S.: you can subscribe specific forums and threads through the link in the lower left corner of the the forum overview.
You can manage your subscriptions and options in your user control panel.
kinderkram

Postby redfox74 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:09 am

@Kinderkram,
are you check that the actual revision of IDE produce code compatible with the AQ board ? It work fine ? I don't have the board so i cannot check
Best
Roberto
redfox74

Postby kinderkram » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:08 am

kinderkram

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Firmware