[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Passthrough not working as it should

Passthrough not working as it should

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Passthrough not working as it should

Postby leopold1 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:17 pm

I'm currently playing with the frsky X4R receiver through Sbus. As the 3 pwm port cannot be programmed to a higher channel I'm looking at using the passthrough option on the AQ board for switching led's
I'm using fw 7.0 r416.
In the GCS I programmed ch9 as the passthrough input and as passthrough output I chose PWM port 14.
Starting everything up the rc switch is off. Switching the leds on works but I can't switch them of again. In the rc channel monitor I can clearly see that the channel works.
Also when using the X8R and its pwm port it works great.
Any solution to this?
leopold1

Re: Passthrough not working as it should

Postby kinderkram » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:45 pm

Output nr. 14 is reserved for PPM radios.
kinderkram

Postby leopold1 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:52 pm

Yes thats correct.
Changed to another port, same issue. Swithes on but can't turn it off.
leopold1

Postby leopold1 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:35 pm

Any other suggestions I could try.

Will have to switch back to the x8r :(
leopold1

Postby Max » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:38 pm

Are you sure it is something with AQ? I have an X4R-SB and I don't see any issue with using ch. 9 for passthrough to any port. Maybe post your parameters?

BTW M14 is not reserved, as long as you're not using PPM then it is just like any other M port, and conveniently on its own timer.

-Max
Max

Postby leopold1 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:12 pm

I would think so because with the X8R its the same problem. But when I connect to the pwm port on the X8R it works.
Through Sbus the leds only turn on but not off.
leopold1

Postby LPR » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:49 pm

I would look to see if the RC channel your using has the same range of PWM on both the X8R and X4R receivers. You could monitor the channel range by using the QGC and have the channel set to Cam. Trig just to see the PWM range. Because you're not inverting the S-Bus signal twice the X4R might have a small difference in range. With the Taranis you could change the PWM range to compensate for the change.

Larry
LPR

Postby leopold1 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:45 pm

OK,
Here are my settings:
In radio and controls tab: passthrough 1 = ch9
In mixing and output tab / gimbal port: passthrough 1 = 3

When using X4R ch9 SBUS = minimum (leds off) -787us and max 852us
Leds switch when toggled but can't switch off

When using X8R ch9 SBUS = minimum (leds off) -787us and max 852us
Leds switch when toggled but can't switch off

When using X8R ch9 PWM= minimum (leds on) -787us and max 852us (leds off)
Leds switch on and off without problem
leopold1

Postby LPR » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:28 pm

Then your not having a problem with the X4R, it's the difference between using the pass through and the standard PWM signal.
The pass through signal that is generated by the AQ FC will have a different update rate the a standard PWM signal.
I would guess you need to slow the update rate of the port to near that of a standard PWM rate.

Larry
LPR

Postby leopold1 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:33 pm

Larry,

So that would be the output PWM frequency in the GCS?
leopold1

Next

Return to AQ Firmware