[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Motor is hanging

Motor is hanging

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Re: Motor is hanging

Postby Kalle » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:17 pm

Thanks for ur answere but your answere really is making me down :-/ that means i was buying all my 8 ESC for nothing? i mean...still dont understand why always this one arm... even i tryed it with 2 Motors and 2 ESC why the others are working? I need ESC for 12 S thats the reason why i took the YGE 60HV heared they are very good...
thanks anyway...maybe someone else has a idea? Really hope that i dont have to buy 8 other ESC again..
The C Rate of the batterie is high enough i mean i was calculating with c rate for 8 motors so for 4 it really should not be a problem the cable of the motors to the ESC have the same length like the others.

ESC i found which i could maybe use are that?
http://kopterworx.com/shop/powerboards- ... motor.html

Marco
Kalle

Postby bn999 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:24 pm

Here's a plot of your the FC PWM output. Motors 2 & 8 are saturating while motor 10 is dipping back to minimum throttle at times. Don't know how your ESCs will react to this, but something is wrong for this to be happening. I'd guess that #10 is the one that is quitting. Am I right?
Attachments
motors.jpg
bn999

Postby JussiH » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:33 am

JussiH

Postby Kalle » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:23 am

@bn999
Yes you`re rights motor 10 is making problems...could it be that the FC is sending a wrong signal? If the FC is recording what she wanna and if motor 10 is getting a low or no Signal could be the mistake from the fc?

@JussiH
Thanks for youre answere iam still trying to understand my english is (like u maybe already saw) not the best. And youre text is giving me many new things i didnt hear about it bevor. So iam still trying to understand to finde out what i my next step should be.

Marco
Kalle

Postby JussiH » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:16 am

Marco,

I am sorry but my german is even worse than your english. I realize that its a lot of information, but I hope that Kinderkram or one of our other german/english speaking members can help with translation of major points.

If there is a mistake on the signal that M10 sends, it likely comes from a setup error. Post your complete param list and details about which motor is connected to which port, so that we may rule out or pinpoint any mixer table setup errors.

BUT: Even if we fixed the mismatched output, that motor could still be stalling if the controller demands a higher duty increase than the ESC/motor combo can deliver in 1 timestep. So you need to work on the stalling problem first and make sure that the motor can handle a big duty increase if the controller ever demands it.

The first thing I would do is to call up the YGE guys and ask for details about what that PI controller governs and how to tune it.
JussiH

Postby Kalle » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:11 pm

Hallo together,

i called the company YGE to ask if the ESC are going until 400Hz...the answere i think is the solution of the problem...
They are not made for 400Hz but when they were testing the limit is going exactly until 400 Hz but normaly they are made for 150Hz(maybe iam not 100% right could be little bit more but its much under 400Hz).
So if i understood everything right:
They ESC and the motors are never 100% the same thats the reason why not all of the motors and ESC are not working and because the copter is not 100% balanced one side could be more used from the power than the other side...
==> the ESC are the wrong one
They would give me the half of the money back when iam sending the ESC back to them...sad about the money but better than nothing.

The question now is: Is this really the problem? I dont wanna send the ESC back and buying new ESC and at the end its still not working.
Which ESC you would say are good for my situation?
U8 motor 135KV
12S
i need ESC which are not starting to burn by more 30A per motor
would this be a ESC which is good?

Thank you so much for your help i really see that everybody here is trying to help even it needs lot of time to explain to me

Marco
Kalle

Postby chschmid » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:06 pm

Hi Marco

May I ask you what props you intend to use?
There are not many 12 ESC's around. Your motors are not rated for 12s.
chschmid

Postby Kalle » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:48 pm

Hallo chschmid
iam using 27'' carbon props
Edit:truely i was wrong i mixed something in my head its not 27'' its 25'' but i was testing them at home and they are like i need them sorry for the mistake
my motors are rated exactly until 12S
https://www.aerolab.de/brushless-motore ... /a-109002/

thank u for ur answere
Marco
Last edited by Kalle on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kalle

Postby chschmid » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:34 pm

That's true. But see some data attached.
12s with 27" props is an extreme setup.
Just mentioning that because not many ESC's are 12s rated.
With such a big prop you could also go with 6s which would give you more flight time and a better efficiency.
Try ecalc.ch.

Best
Christof
Attachments
U8.JPG
U8.JPG (128.44 KiB) Viewed 12992 times
chschmid

Postby kinderkram » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:18 pm

Marco: I`d go for the T-Motor ESCs you posted earlier. They match your motors much better than the YGE.

Better sell the YGEs for 3/4 of new costs since they are practically new. Offering only half is a bit harsh!
At least it should compensate the 90€ for the T-Motors...
kinderkram

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Firmware