[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Problems compiling r402

Problems compiling r402

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Problems compiling r402

Postby joshXIII » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:18 pm

As the subject suggests, I am having trouble getting r402 to compile (we need r402 because it has the same remote definitions for our transmitter). The steps I have taken:

-download and install Crossworks for ARM (current version)
-installed the STM32 CPU Support Package in CrossWorks
-download the AutoQuad code (r402)
-download the mavlink code, placed in the AutoQuad folder at the same level as onboard and ground
-download the stm32 standard peripheral library from st.com and placed it as indicated in this post:
-added "#define DIMU_VERSION 11" in aq.h
-select build target THUMB Release

When I build, I get 38 errors. Most have to do with the CANx macro in stm32f407xx.h being expanded in stm32f4xx_can.h function prototypes. A few of the others are:
rcc.h: unknown type name 'RCC_ClocksTypeDef'
main_ctl.c: 'NVIC_PriorityGroup_2' undeclared (first use in this function)

In an attempt to get around this, I tracked RCC_ClocksTypeDef to stm32f4xx_rcc.h and NVIC_PriorityGroup_2 to misc.h (also in STM peripherals). If I add these includes and change the CANx parameter names in the function prototypes (thinking that maybe the macro wasn't meant to be expanded here), more missing includes into STM are revealed. This all gives me the impression that the STM library is not linking correctly to my autoquad project, but I am really not sure.

Any help that you could offer would be greatly appreciated.
joshXIII

Re: Problems compiling r402

Postby chschmid » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:45 pm

Did you load the STM32 peripherals?

Then exclude from the build stm32f4xx_fmc.c

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby joshXIII » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:06 pm

It will not let me follow that link, I am sent to a page that says: "You are not authorised to read this forum."

Though, given my situation, I would bet that this is the problem...
joshXIII

Postby chschmid » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:29 pm

chschmid

Postby joshXIII » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:22 pm

First of all, thanks for your help so far!

I downloaded the library from the link provided above and placed it as indicated in the post linked above. However, the archive from ST contains "STM32F4xx_DSP_StdPeriph_Lib_V1.4.0" rather than (...)V1.3.0. Changing the include path in the AutoQuad Crossworks project to account for this (i.e., pointing it to the V1.4.0 directory) puts me right back where I started (same compile errors, I may have done something similar in my original attempt and forgot to include that in my post, sorry if that is the case).

Anyway, I have searched around but cannot find V1.3.0 of the library anywhere. Any ideas?

-Josh
joshXIII

Return to AQ Firmware