[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - ESC32 do not arm after firmware update

ESC32 do not arm after firmware update

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

ESC32 do not arm after firmware update

Postby pattersp » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:30 pm

Hello,

I have been working with the AutoQuad 6 controller this summer and wanted to get my feet wet writing some custom code to compile and upload. Before I tried my own code, I downloaded the vanilla hex file (aqv6.7r224.b1400-rev1) to go through the steps of flashing the firmware. With the new firmware successfully written I re-uploaded the on-board parameters that had worked previously and found that the ESC32's would not arm.

After some initial testing, the problem looked similar to viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1792 but my ESC32s were pretested and working moments before the firmware update. It seems that whatever is causing the problem is not in the ESC32 config settings but in the onboard parameters.

If someone could point me towards what parameters I need to change, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Drew
pattersp

Re: ESC32 do not arm after firmware update

Postby kinderkram » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:09 pm

Hi Drew, welcome to the AQ club!

Did you check your radio settings and mixing table?
Maybe the parameters weren´t written correctly. Does QGC display the correct fw version?

Norbert
kinderkram

Postby chschmid » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:10 pm

Hi Drew
If the Firmware update has new params, the CONFIG_VERSION changes. When loading a lower CONFIG_VERSION than the actual (loaded) FW uses, all params are set back to default.

To load you old param file, remove the line CONFIG_VERSION and load it from QGC, transmit, write to ROM, reboot. But be aware of new or changed params.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby pattersp » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:35 pm

Norbert,
The radio settings seem correct, all the flaps and sticks make the QGC values change as expected and the version is displayed correctly (AQ FW ver: 6.7 - BETA rev224 b1400, HW ver: 6 rev1).

Cristof,
I removed the CONFIG_VERSION line from the parameter file and re-uploaded but the problem persists. I tried changing the CONFIG_VERSION to 230 just so it would take precedence to no avail.

I didn't mention this in my first post, but the ground station says it is armed when I hold the stick down but the ESC32s don't beep, flash green or respond to radio commands. Could the MOT_START(1000), MOT_ARM(975), MOT_MIN(1125), MOT_MAX(1950) values be the problem?

Drew
pattersp

Postby chschmid » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:54 pm

Hi Drew

Maybe you can post a screenshoot of your config and pics of your craft. I guess you have something wrong in the motormix. Try to reselect the craft type you fly and save that to AQ. Then adjust the motormix and save it to AQ.
Post your config file.
What Version of QGC are you using?

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby pattersp » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:47 pm

Christof,

I tried re-selecting the frame type (quad plus) and then changed the Port/ID to match where the motors are plugged in and still no response. I have attached my parameter file, two images of the craft and a screenshot of QGC v1.40.

One thing I just remembered being different was the mix table had a column for selecting PWM or CAN controllers before I updated the firmware. This column is no longer there. Is the wrong type of command being sent since PWM is not selected?

Drew
Attachments
PARAMS-15July2014.txt
(14.39 KiB) Downloaded 959 times
Dash Picture.png
Craft.JPG
AQ6.JPG
pattersp

Postby kinderkram » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:48 pm

Oh, this is an EduQuad with L1?

Did you already contact Jussi? I guess he´s the only one who could help in your case.
kinderkram

Postby chschmid » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:03 pm

Hi Drew

Norbert is right. These params look like L1/Quatos params. The FW 224 you loaded from the FTP is PID.
Get in touch with Jussi to get an updated FW.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby JussiH » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:16 pm

The original FW that these was shipped with was built based on R260 trunk and the L1 library of that date. I dont think that library will work with R224. So you have to work from R260

Did you add the L1 library to your build?

Do you have a "L1 attitude init" message in the console at startup?

I supplied this with a complete param file called EDQ6.params - use that file after FW update to make sure things are set up correctly.
JussiH

Postby pattersp » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:31 pm

Thank you guys for the quick responses and getting me in touch with the right person.

Jussi,
I have the EDQ6.params file and will continue my work with the R260 code. I haven't added the L1 library but I can recompile or get a hexfile with it included which I guess I need to talk to you about.

I don't know if I have ever seen an L1 Init message appear but I also wasn't looking. It definitely doesn't occur with the new firmware installed.

Thank for your help,
Drew
pattersp

Next

Return to AQ Firmware