[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Reading/Sending infos to an Autoquad Drone

Reading/Sending infos to an Autoquad Drone

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Reading/Sending infos to an Autoquad Drone

Postby ethommerot » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:02 pm

Hi to everybody,

I'm new to this forum this is my very first post into it. First of all, hello to everybody who will be reading it.
I'm building a Drone at the moment and I have selected something pretty standard you can see in my signature.
I have to build my own ground control station because I have to implement some special features and in particular I have to drive my drone realtime using GPS coordinates I receive on the fly so I cannot predict them in advance.
To do so, I have prepared a tool that receives those coordinates and now I want to send them to my drone which is equipped with an Autoquad board (of course).

I had a look at a few topics here and it seems everything goes through the Telemetry hardware I have added to my own drone. I am facing 2 issues:

1/- I had a deep look at the Autoquad firmware and receiving data from the telemetry seem pretty straightforward (I had a look at the Telemetry.c source code and the data packet is described there). As far as I could see, the Telemetry data format starts with a 3 chars strings "Aqt" then 52 4bytes datafields then 2 bytes of checksum. Though everything seem to be working well (all leds are green and I see my USB port receiving data), the data receive seem not to be the one I'm expecting :
- Using a com port sniffer and saving the received data, I do not see "Aqt" anywhere
- AQ GC Station doesn't seem to receive any data as well (doesn't display anything although the link is definitely established)
Is this something usual ? Are there some conditions where Telemetry sent isn't valid ?

2/- I tried to have a look at how I can send some order to the drone using the same system and here I am totally lost. Can someone point me the right place where I could find the right data packet format of a simple order (like takeoff for instance) to send to the drone ? Is there a piece of code I have to look at ?

Thanks in advance.
DJI F450 + Autoquad + ESC32
ethommerot

Re: Reading/Sending infos to an Autoquad Drone

Postby bn999 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:27 pm

bn999

Return to AQ Firmware