Just loaded DIMU r407 - now SBUS doesn't work

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Just loaded DIMU r407 - now SBUS doesn't work

Postby hogster » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:06 pm

Hi all :)

I've just found some time to work on my X8 ... and it's back to its old misbehaving tricks :(

I'm struggling to drive individual motors on their own:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3364

It used to be fine but for some unknown reason now it's not accepting changes to the motor mixing table any more.

So I updated to r407, changed the radio type to SBUS and now the signal quality of the SBUS link varies wildly, my sticks movements don't match with the channel outputs :(

Any thoughts before I spend more time fiddling trying to get this to work again?

Many thanks, David
hogster

Re: Just loaded DIMU r407 - now SBUS doesn't work

Postby hogster » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:14 pm

Ok I've just gone back to 402 and it's working again. I haven't tried versions 403 to 406 to see where it's broken, but it's somewhere between the two ;)

David
hogster

Postby Kisssys » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:14 pm

SBUS receiver type is now 3
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby hogster » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:25 pm

Hi Steve,

I did select SBUS in the drop-down menu and that's when the problems started ... do I have to specify the type anywhere else in addition to the drop-down menu?

Many thanks :)

David
hogster

Postby Kisssys » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:57 pm

I see a larger number of people using the very latest builds which is great but be aware that QGC does not keep up with those changes for many reasons and of no fault of Max or Peter. Many times their are changes that they might not be aware of so the best place to change parameters is in the Onboard Parameter window if you are bravely trying the latest build.

The very latest build might mean only 2 of us have flown it and for the most part if you using the very latest build because your machine isn't flying right then your probably taking the wrong path.

Change the RADIO_TYPE their to 3, write it to rom and reboot.

Cheers
Steve
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Return to AQ Firmware