[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Strange behaviour after connecting batt

Strange behaviour after connecting batt

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Strange behaviour after connecting batt

Postby leopold1 » Wed May 28, 2014 9:41 pm

When connecting my battery I get get some strange fenomenon from the AQ.
Sometimes I can't arm. When I reconnect the batt it works fine again.
An other behaviour is that the AQ board arms but when I want to lift off it start to yaw to the left. Reconnecting the batt resolves the problem.
Each time I connect the batt the AQ is on a flat stable surface so it doesn't move at all when initialising.
Fw is 6.7.
Once in the air it flies perfect.

Anyone got this behaviour?
Any solutions?
leopold1

Re: Strange behaviour after connecting batt

Postby Trnquill » Thu May 29, 2014 1:51 pm

I had an issue where AQ tried to flip as soon as I applied power. Replugging the battery fixed it every time.
Trnquill

Postby leopold1 » Thu May 29, 2014 1:59 pm

So in my opinion the initialisation is behaving bad.

Should I reload the fw?
leopold1

Postby JussiH » Thu May 29, 2014 9:20 pm

We need the revision number of the firmware. This is usually a Yaw gyro init problem, but it should have been solved ages ago.
JussiH

Postby leopold1 » Thu May 29, 2014 9:45 pm

Jussi,

Its aqv6.7.r224.b1400

This is the stable version from the download site.
leopold1

Postby kinderkram » Thu May 29, 2014 10:23 pm

What does the communication console say and what does the HUD look like?

Do you have the radio switched on when you connect the lipo?

Not being able to arm might be related to the radio while the sudden yaw sounds like bad initialization or over saturation.
kinderkram

Postby JussiH » Thu May 29, 2014 10:35 pm

Hmm, ok...I thought this was gone. I havent seen it in a while. I assume its an AIMU? When/where did you buy the board. Has it worked before or is it a repeatable failure that you had all along? Your description is very consistant with Z gyro Init problems apart from the Arming problem, which as Norbert points out could be a radio problem.

Pls post a log from a normal flight and one from a bootup that produced this problem. Just a short hop will be fine...Its easy to tell if its a gyro init problem or radio issue from looking at the logs.

If its a HW failure, its likely to be a cold solder joint on the Z-gyro and relatively easy to fix with a small soldering tip and some paste flux. But to determine if thats the case, you would have to send it here....
JussiH

Postby leopold1 » Thu May 29, 2014 10:44 pm

Its a 6.0 version with AIMU that I bought from flyduino.
To be honest its been a while since I flew again with this board so I can't remember if the problem was there in the beginning.

I will try to get a log asap and will keep a lookout in putting the tx on first.

thx
leopold1

Postby leopold1 » Sat May 31, 2014 4:09 pm

Ok,

First log is when quad starts to yaw to the left when taking off. I landed again, disarmed and reorientated the quad to lift off again. (second part of log)

I reconnected batt power and problem was gone. Log 2. Take note that is was windy ;-)
leopold1

Postby leopold1 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:56 pm

Did someone have a look at my logs?
leopold1

Next

Return to AQ Firmware