[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Problem loading firmware for the first time

Problem loading firmware for the first time

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Re: Problem loading firmware for the first time

Postby LPR » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:26 am

Rich

You can PM me for my address but first you need to post one more comment on the forum so you'll able to use the PM feature.

Have you connect power to the AQ board?

Do you have a RED LED lite on the board?

Were you able to find how to connect the serial port?

Larry
LPR

Postby Max » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:39 am

Max

Postby LPR » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:59 am

Max

I checked the file on the SD and I did have it in just a notepad file. I had to remove OPEN WORD program and restart the computer and was still not sure I was able to to get just a notepad file.

Before I tried to use the SD card the board would not connect and I just flashed again and it won't connect.
I don't think I should try flashing the second AQ board till I understand more of that's going on.

Larry
LPR

Postby Max » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:08 am

Max

Postby LPR » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:39 am

Max
SOLVED
Ok I have it working using the 3D radios instead of the FTDI. I appears that I have too many wires connect between the FTDI and the AQ board. The new boards came with a six pin header soldered on.
I've not had a six pin header on an AQ board before and now I remember why. The DTR connection causes a problem with my FTDIs.
On the old AQ board I was using I have only three wires connected to the FTDI.

Larry
LPR

Postby LPR » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:00 am

Max

The SD card did not work so I saved the Params file in downloads and loaded it from downloads to the parameter list.
The HUD is not spinning and everything is looking very good.

Larry
LPR

Postby Max » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:33 am

Good to hear! Yea, I only use the 3 wires as well. Although my adapters are SiLabs CP2102 based, so I'm never sure what to tell FTDI users.

-Max
Max

Postby richk » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:22 pm

This is the cable I'm trying to use can anyone tell me if this will work or if not where do I get one in the US?

https://store.3drobotics.com/products/ftdi-cable-3-3v
richk

Postby LPR » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:45 pm

Rich

It looks like you might be having some of the same problems I was having. Connect all six wires on the serial plug does not work when connect to the QGC but in my case I was able to flash the FW.

With your cable it should be simple to remove the DTR wire from the 3D cable's serial plug and then you should be able to connect to the QGC just fine.

Larry
Last edited by LPR on Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LPR

Postby richk » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:51 pm

Can you tell me which one that is? I'm thinking it's the green wire on the end, right?
richk

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Firmware