[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Problem loading firmware for the first time

Problem loading firmware for the first time

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Problem loading firmware for the first time

Postby richk » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:21 pm

When I try to load firmware on the board for the first time I get this error:
Assertion failed: 0, file stm32.c, line 94

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Using Parser : Intel HEX
Using Parser : Intel HEX
Serial Config: 57600 8E1
I believe the board is Rev 0
richk

Re: Problem loading firmware for the first time

Postby Max » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:37 pm

Hello Rich, welcome to the forums.

That's a pretty generic error from the stm32loader utility used for flashing firmware. It usually means that it can't open the serial port. Make sure nothing else is using that same COM port/device. If you've used the Connect menu in QGC to open the same serial port, make sure it is disconnected (open QGC serial settings and click Disconnect). If that's not the problem, you may have the FTDI/serial adapter connected improperly to the AQ, or some other reason for lack of communication.

-Max
Max

Postby LPR » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:18 pm

I have two new DIMU boards and I was able to flash one of them. I have a SD card with the Params file on it ready to use.

I can't get the QGC to connect to the AQ board. All the LEDs light up as expected. My older AQ AIMU board connects with no problem.

When I click connect it get this small amount of data.

Link serial port \\.\COM8 is unconnected.
Link serial port \\.\COM8 is connected.
FBV+j 0x01 C~

J 0x02 ^%R 0x07 H

FBm^4/v

nB)B7BBBa

I've tried both r380 and r381 on two different computers with the same results. I'm waiting for more info before I try to flash the second board.

Any ideas.

Larry
LPR

Postby richk » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:54 pm

This may be a dumb question but how do I get to serial setting?
richk

Postby LPR » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:32 pm

Rich

I'm guessing you have found this page.

http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/getting-s ... -flashing/

There's a couple of things I will add.

To find the right port you connect the USB and FTDI and then you click on the down arrow on the right side of the Port window in the QGC Config window. A list of ports will be there and you need to click on the one that is like this-COM8 - USB Serial Port. The COM port number will be different for different FTDIs. The baud is 57600 for flashing and the baud rate is 115200 for a normal serial connection.

Larry
LPR

Postby Max » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:46 pm

Max

Postby LPR » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:29 pm

Max

Yes you are right I see now I do have a different issue.

Unless I'm connected to the QGC there's no way to click on "Load from SD" because it does not show up till the AQ is connected to the QGC serial connection.

I tried flashing new FW in an old AIMU AQ board and it all when well and I could connect to the QGC as well after I flashed the board so it doesn't look like it would be a computer or FTDI problem.

Larry
LPR

Postby richk » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:51 pm

Larry where we both live in MN and chance I could bring my board to you as maybe it's my cable, but I'm not sure as I bought the board used
Thanx
Rich
richk

Postby Max » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:18 am

Max

Postby LPR » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:00 am

Max

The first time I flashed the FW I tried to connect without the SD card and I tried to connect to the QGC I had no luck.

When I reset the AQ after flashing the FW for a second time and I but the SD in place I have two LEDs that were RED. The red debuging led was flashing.

I read the post 605 from Angel on this thread and followed his steps and end up with the same connection problem.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3127

My problem might be related to the fact I don't have Microsoft Office so I use Open Office and the text files are Open Office text files.

Log files are being written to the SD card and they show there is life on the board.

Larry
Last edited by LPR on Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
LPR

Next

Return to AQ Firmware